Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1844 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone done the Bilstein 6112/5160 with Toytec shackles? Any pics? I want to keep close to the factory rake but 2-3" higher front and rear. So 6112 on highest setting plus Toytec shackles on highest setting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys, I am seriously trying to not ask questions but my head is spinning with all this reading and I still am not 100% sure what I can do.
I have a 2016 Platinum Crew Max with the Bilstein 6112 and 5160's. I also ordered the +2 CB Shackle kit and 3 of the CB shims. I am looking to level my truck. I am hoping to get 35/12.5/18 BFG KO2's mounted on a set of Method Mesh 18" wheels. I am not sure what wheel to order. All this talk about back spacing and offset has me very confused.
I would like the wheel/tire to stick out at least 1" past the fender well. If I cant get the 35/12.5 I'd like to get as close as possible.
I do like the lip on this 18x9 wheel with a -12 offset. wondering if this will work for my setup...

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,493 Posts
Hey guys, I am seriously trying to not ask questions but my head is spinning with all this reading and I still am not 100% sure what I can do.
I have a 2016 Platinum Crew Max with the Bilstein 6112 and 5160's. I also ordered the +2 CB Shackle kit and 3 of the CB shims. I am looking to level my truck. I am hoping to get 35/12.5/18 BFG KO2's mounted on a set of Method Mesh 18" wheels. I am not sure what wheel to order. All this talk about back spacing and offset has me very confused.
I would like the wheel/tire to stick out at least 1" past the fender well. If I cant get the 35/12.5 I'd like to get as close as possible.
I do like the lip on this 18x9 wheel with a -12 offset. wondering if this will work for my setup...
Have you tried this?
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/85904-offset-backspace-how-do-they-relate.html
@Discount Tire may be able to help as well

·
Registered
108 Posts
Below...sorry

·
Registered
108 Posts

I have 6112s on 2nd to highest setting and 5160s in rear. Levels the truck perfectly. I also just put Method NV 18x9s on last week. Those have a +25/6" offset/backspace. Gives almost exactly 1.25" outside the wheel wells. No rubbing with a 34" tire after trimming skid plate.

The Method Mesh 18x9s are actually a +18/5.75" wheel. That will give you about 1.5"-1.75" outside the wheel well with a 12.5" wide tire... I can pretty much guarantee you will have some rubbing with that tire size set-up and only a leveled truck. That set-up will work but not without some trimming and/or a smaller tire.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is anyone running 6112s on the top setting with CB +1 shackles in the back? I'm 36.5 in the front and 39.5 in the back on my truck and thinking about 6112 top setting and a CB +1 to give me that 1 inch or so of rake. I'm only putting 275/70r18 tires on with +30 offset wheels, so I don't think I need much more height from my lift.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is anyone running 6112s on the top setting with CB +1 shackles in the back? I'm 36.5 in the front and 39.5 in the back on my truck and thinking about 6112 top setting and a CB +1 to give me that 1 inch or so of rake. I'm only putting 275/70r18 tires on with +30 offset wheels, so I don't think I need much more height from my lift.
I have 6112 (top setting)/5160 with +2 shackles and I am about ~1.5in higher in the rear. With no shackles I was around ~.25in higher in the rear. The +1's should put you pretty close to 1in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
anyone using toytec shackles with the 6112/5160 set up?

I have my 6112/5160 sitting at the shop along with my new method wheels and 295/70/18 trail grapplers

I am planning on having the 6112s set at top setting and using toytec shakles (1.5") in the rear. Would I be level? If not, how would the stance look?

Also do I need/want the carrier bearing drop kit?

Last question, I promise.... Does a rear shackle installed effect alignment. Like if my shackles arrive after I do all other suspension and wheel install would I need to re alignment?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
anyone using toytec shackles with the 6112/5160 set up?

I have my 6112/5160 sitting at the shop along with my new method wheels and 295/70/18 trail grapplers

I am planning on having the 6112s set at top setting and using toytec shakles (1.5") in the rear. Would I be level? If not, how would the stance look?

Also do I need/want the carrier bearing drop kit?

Last question, I promise.... Does a rear shackle installed effect alignment. Like if my shackles arrive after I do all other suspension and wheel install would I need to re alignment?
Carrier bearing drop kit is helpful to maintain the best alignment. Anytime that angle is changed you're increasing the wear on the bearing.

No the rear shackles do not effect alignment.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bilstein 6112 front max height setting and 5160 rear. Toytec shackles set at max 1.5" lift. Goodyear Duratrac LT275/70R18. The ride is way more "planted" and really soaks up the washboard dirt roads in my neighborhood. Also cornering at speed theres much less body roll. Overall Im very pleased with this setup. Build thread here.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just did 5160 rears. No shackles. And 6112 on the front on the third setting. Damn near perfectly level. I have stock size tires and the drivers side just barely rubs the little front mud flap by the bumper if the wheels are turned just right. Running BFG KO2s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ended up with the Bilstein 6112's up front on highest setting, 2 CB spacers on drivers side and 1 spacer on passenger side. Chaos uniball UCA. Bilstein 5160 shocks on the rear with CB +2 shackles and bushings with 1' driveline drop. I also added a 1" differential drop and 1" front swaybar drop from Ready Lift. Wheels are Method Mesh 18x9 with 5.75 back spacing with BFG AT KO2, 34/12.5's. The truck rides level... I had to remove all mud flaps up front and relocated inner fenderwell on bumper with a bit of trimming. No trimming on skid plate.
The truck defiantly rides firmer than stock but, in a good way. It feesl its more like a truck than a giant Cadillac. I was shocked that I could push the stock Shocks down with one finger (explains the caddy like ride). With Stock suspension hitting small short speed bumps at 30mph, truck felt loose, a bit of a rattle trap. Since the upgrades, I can hit those same speed bumps at 50mph and truck feels planted, controlled. I am very happy with my choices, truck rides great, and looks good.
My only complaint would be with the Method Wheels. I am not a fan of the center caps. Looking at pix, I wasn't able to pick up on how big/long they are. I would love to find a set of flush center caps for the wheels. I may remove the center caps and see how I like the look. I did find I guy who makes caps for Method wheels, but for the Ford Raptor. He said he didn't make different sizes, so I am guessing they are different sizes between manufactures.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just got my trucked worked on today.

6112 and 5160 in the rear, 18x9 method double standards +25mm and 295/70/18 trail grapplers.

fronts on the highest setting and no raise i the rear (I was waiting on shackles to arrive)

Truck has a slight rake to the rear so the toytac shackle should fix that. no rubbing on wheels/tires at all. What a difference wheels tires and a slight lift can make!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my trucked worked on today.

6112 and 5160 in the rear, 18x9 method double standards +25mm and 295/70/18 trail grapplers.

fronts on the highest setting and no raise i the rear (I was waiting on shackles to arrive)

Truck has a slight rake to the rear so the toytac shackle should fix that. no rubbing on wheels/tires at all. What a difference wheels tires and a slight lift can make!
Can't wait to see some pictures of your setup!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can't wait to see some pictures of your setup!
Thanks. I will shoot some pics on Sunday. working all day Saturday. i am really really happy.

Funny story about my wheels, I went in and ordered everything (wheels, tires and shocks) from the same shop who was doing the install. I never told him what color wheels to get, I could not decide on which of the three available color combos to get. I basically let my guy choose for me and it was a surprise when I picked it up. I am very happy with the results.

1641 - 1660 of 1844 Posts