Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original 5.7 truck we used for dyno testing didn't have a tow/haul mode switch which locks the converter, so we were unable to get low end numbers on our runs. We were only able to get accurate readings from about 3800-6000 rpm's because converter lock up was not achivable without the tow haul mode feature.

It turns out that this recent truck tested got the full range from 2000 RPM - 6000 RPM by activating the tow/haul mode. This evidently locked the converter from the get go for obvious towing duties and did so on the dyno as well.

This chart was given to me from the same company that did our testing. I spoke with Mike from AMS and he explained that one of our customers Dan finally tested his truck with Zoomers. Back in July Dan who owns an automotive shop right here in our complex along with AMS came to us for a cat-back. He suggested doing his own dyno runs to compare them with ours. He went ahead and did his base lines and now 4 months later here are the results.

I did ask Mike from AMS why we didn’t lock the tow mode and he recalls there not being one on that particular truck. He meant to tell me on Dan’s truck he was able to achieve full range on the dyno but never got around to it. What are neighbors for? Ha ha.

Either way the numbers are quite close at the top end where we tested on our runs and the bottom end where Dan tested, well, it’s quite impressive. For all you worrying about low end torque loss worry no more, here are the results…..

Dyno chart Dan's Tundra (tow/haul activated)

Stock Base Line: Blue

Zoomers: Red

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
This should be posted on the website. :)

I'm looking for an exhaust soon, as well as my brother. We're local and I know your gonna give us a good deal ;).

Good number I am looking for a exhaust that doesn't loose low end torqeu, I guess I found it with proof.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Very nice man, numbers look sweet, I will eventually get around to getting it, lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would get one for sure if you could come close to the magnaflow price at $413...They are on back order at this price and in high demand. I have heard nothing but good things from zoomers wish i had the extra couple hundred to blow..With a new born I almost got my a$$ whipped for getting the magnaflow : )...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very impressive!
To many people just look at the max or peak numbers, the real improvement is space between the graphed lines. At 3700 rpm there is over 60 ftlbs of difference, that's impressive.
I'll buying this exhaust one day!!

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I knew my truck seemed strong down low, but I had no idea... Awesome numbers and an perfect exhaust... Thanks Ron for the great product and superior service...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd like to see back to back dyno's between magnaflow and zoomers I'm really torn between the price and look of the magnaflow and the power the zoomers has. It would basically come down to the power difference for me. So anyone want to prove their exhaust makes more power same dyno same day?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's great to see the dyno results. I have had mine since July, it runs and sounds great! Thanks again Ron.

Bryan

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this is bringing this back from the dead, but if I am reading this correct the zoomers is adding over 100ft/lbs of torque at 2500 rpm. Is that correct? Tax time is here and I am getting a nice return and am trying to find where to spend it.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know this is bringing this back from the dead, but if I am reading this correct the zoomers is adding over 100ft/lbs of torque at 2500 rpm. Is that correct? Tax time is here and I am getting a nice return and am trying to find where to spend it.

64 ft lbs TQ at 3600 RPM I believe is the largest separation but still quite impressive. Let me know when your refund comes and I'll help you spend it. Ha Ha!!! let me know, Ron 866-4Zoomers ext.12

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered mine from Ron today, by far the most reasonable shipping to Canada for a cat back. It was between the zoomers and the volant for me. Both seem to be very high quality exausts but zoomers was a way better price. About half the price the dealership wanted for a trd installed. It's gonna go great with the k&n aircharger I ordered yesterday. Gotta stay off these sites for a bit now, or I'll end up ordering a lift with new rims and tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually love my Magnaflow.. It has been a great system thus far. I got a good deal online. I found a link that gives you a nice discount after adding to cart.. I guess they cant show the real price or something.

Magnaflow Exhaust Systems at PlanetMagnaflow

is the link I used to get mine.. I also bought one for my wife's jeep. She loves!! hehe

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I actually love my Magnaflow.. It has been a great system thus far. I got a good deal online. I found a link that gives you a nice discount after adding to cart.. I guess they cant show the real price or something.

Magnaflow Exhaust Systems at PlanetMagnaflow

is the link I used to get mine.. I also bought one for my wife's jeep. She loves!! hehe

Maybe you should start your own thread for touting your MF's... Just a thought!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts