·
Vendor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question... just got my 2015 CM sr5 trd 4x4. 5.7... when you guys speak of "leveling kit" do I need one? what would it do for my truck if I get one? and who makes it?

thanks
rick
Typically your model will come from the factory with a nose low look, aka with a factory "rake". If you'd like to bring the front ride height up to be more level with the rear a leveling kit would be a good option for you. We offer a 3" leveling kit that would add 3" of front ride height to your truck - Zone Offroad 3" Leveling Kit T1300 . Assuming your truck is one that sits 3" tail high from the factory our 3" leveling kit would make your truck sit perfectly level from front to rear.

-Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
Typically your model will come from the factory with a nose low look, aka with a factory "rake". If you'd like to bring the front ride height up to be more level with the rear a leveling kit would be a good option for you. We offer a 3" leveling kit that would add 3" of front ride height to your truck - Zone Offroad 3" Leveling Kit T1300 . Assuming your truck is one that sits 3" tail high from the factory our 3" leveling kit would make your truck sit perfectly level from front to rear.

-Steve
thanks for the fast reply... would installing this need to realign the wheels? what about suspension wise, would it stretch out the stock shocks? or change any of the travel? can a regular garage mechanic install this, like me :) or is it a big project that I would need to take to some off road shop?

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the fast reply... would installing this need to realign the wheels? what about suspension wise, would it stretch out the stock shocks? or change any of the travel? can a regular garage mechanic install this, like me :) or is it a big project that I would need to take to some off road shop?
Anytime, glad I could help. You'll need an alignment afterwards. Our kit is a spacer setup that installs with your factory front struts so factory length struts will not be a concern. We designed our kit to work within the limitations of your factory suspension design so the other components (factory UCA/upper ball joint) will limit travel before it becomes an issue with a leveling spacer installed.

If you have some wrenching experience you should be able to install it with basic tools and a trip to the alignment shop afterwards but feel free to read through the install instructions first to make sure the steps are something you feel comfortable with - http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/T1300.pdf . If you're thinking you'd rather have an installer tackle the job take advantage of our dealer locator to see who's nearby to help - Find A Zone Dealer Near You | Zone Offroad Products

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx for the code... one question, do you know if the truck will look crappy keeping the stock tires and rims and just doing the lvl kit? what I mean by crappy is will it have a lot of space in the wheel well now?
I'm sure the answer to this will be different for everyone but in my personal opinion, no, I don't think so. We see plenty of customers running the leveling kit on their stock tire/wheel setup. Whether it's because they like that combination of lift/tire size, or are like myself and can't always fit a lift, tires, and wheels in the budget at the same time and they upgrade tires/wheels later on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.