Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the bds shims for the front and was wondering if I will need a alignment after. I'm thinking I won't because I'm not making the shock any longer, but just adding preload to the spring. Anybody have any thoughts on this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Usually, any time you touch the eccentrics you will need an alignment and I don't think you can do what you need to do without touching the eccentrics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well I'm at it, how much more lift will I get with the shims?
Looking for before and after measurements, for those that have done it.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
My buddy has the BDS kit and we just dropped it from the 7" lift down to the 4.5" lift. Before we did that he talked to BDS and they told him that the preload shim was good for about .75" of lift but personally I don't buy that and think it was probably closer to .5" of lift.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My buddy has the BDS kit and we just dropped it from the 7" lift down to the 4.5" lift. Before we did that he talked to BDS and they told him that the preload shim was good for about .75" of lift but personally I don't buy that and think it was probably closer to .5" of lift.
So did your buddy have to get smaller shock extensions?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is your buddy selling any of his old stuff?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes possible! Depending on price and how fast he gets back to you with a price. I already ordered the shims but they are waiting for another order before he orders them. Let me now ASAP thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts