Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I drop all the money for my lift I want to see if I can get help. Any one in tucson capable of installing the zone 5 for a reasonable price? Desert rat of tucson wants 2400 for the lift,drop bearer,spacers and install. Is that worth it or can someone on here actually do it cheaper. I'm not a mechanic but mechanically inclined. By no means could I weld and cut the frame but can assist. What do you all think? Should I just drop the money cause I want this so bad, just lookin to save a few bucks. I'm running spacers because of the rw wheels until I save up for some 20s.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's about normal for any lift that size1400 for lift and about 1000 on labor usually, good luck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is your truck a 4x4 or a 2wd? If you're mechanically inclined I'm sure installing it won't be too hard. It's not usually a one man job so you'd need some help. The hardest part will be swapping the spindles. If you have use of a lift that would be a plus! But minimum you'd need is good floor jack and some solid jack stands, with a good set of tools.

But installation of a lift sin't beyond the average DIY'er. Just take your time, and double check things as you go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya it's a 4x4. The scariest part for me is hacking up the crossmember. I can use a lift and got a buddy that can lend a hand. Neither of us however can weld.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ya it's a 4x4. The scariest part for me is hacking up the crossmember. I can use a lift and got a buddy that can lend a hand. Neither of us however can weld.
No real need to weld. The welding is to cap the cut ends of the old cross member. Which the way I see it. it will look better but it will create a pocket to collect water and rust.

My Tacoma when we cut the cross member we just dressed the ends and preserved it. Welding it will NOT provide any structural strength.

A good reciprocating saw with a long blade is all you need to cut the cross member.

·
Registered
701 Posts
No real need to weld. The welding is to cap the cut ends of the old cross member. Which the way I see it. it will look better but it will create a pocket to collect water and rust.

My Tacoma when we cut the cross member we just dressed the ends and preserved it. Welding it will NOT provide any structural strength.

A good reciprocating saw with a long blade is all you need to cut the cross member.
I agree. We tack welded the plates on mine just because they were included. I made sure it was open at the bottom for water to run out though. In reality they serve no purpose though.

There are also steering stops to be welded on. A couple tack welds is sufficient on them also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I believe I found a discount online for my zone lift and it was under 1100.00 shipped and for nitro shocks...local installer did it for 600.00 came out great...check one of my previous threads for the code if I don't get to it first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool I think I've seen the promo code before, I'll start going back through. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe I found a discount online for my zone lift and it was under 1100.00 shipped and for nitro shocks...local installer did it for 600.00 came out great...check one of my previous threads for the code if I don't get to it first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Where did you order your lift from?

thanks

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
ordered my lift from Gaugestore online ....got it all for 1114.96...and then a 5% discount

1 - 11 of 11 Posts