Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to order my zone 5" lift here in the next day or two. I"ll be putting the truck in the shop in two weeks for the install, cant wait to see it. I was wondering if you guys who are running this lift have any recommendations or info I need before I get it put on? the shop that's putting it on has only done pro comp and rough country lifts, so the more info I have for them (and myself), the better. thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Get a carrier bearing drop. Coachbuilder sells them now. I bought mine directly from Zone and it serves the purpose but I'm sure the one Coachbuilder sells is better.

Tell them to make sure they make a clean cut on your cross member and give it back to you. That way the lift is reversible if for whatever reason you would ever want to take the lift off.

Other thoughts- it's much cheaper and easier to go ahead and add shims and shackles to make it 7" now than later. I've seen where several people have went back and had them added later.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll get that cb drop ordered from coach. I ordered his shims (1") a while ago when I was going to go in a diff directiom with the truck. Right now I'm just going to run the 5" lift because I have +25mm wheels. I'll get new wheels with 0,-12mm offset and new tires come Christmas time. I will add the shims and shackles then.

From what I've read, this is a smooth riding lift, should be close to stock- I hope

1 - 3 of 3 Posts