Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these 14 and up tundra still have this, the older ones had them, bought my truck with a 3" lift and has 285/65/18 tire ( way to small for that lift ) was going to a 295/70/18 the more i think why not 35s only a little bigger, would i have any problems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If no problems now then you should be fine. Yes, you can always do a ZPC just to be on the safe side since it has bern lifted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been 6 months since i bought it , rides like a dream, i don't see gaining 1.2" of hight and 1" width will cause any harm.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are running 295/70/18 you are 2-3" lift without removing and cutting alot of stuff. The ZPC takes maybe 5 min and can be done with a paperclip. The rake of the truck is different now than when the system was set stock, it might cause the VSC to kick in too early/act funny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i mean the tires, i have the 3" lift with 285/65/18s on now, just going to put fuel vector wheels and 35x12.5/18 tires on, so from my 285s to 35s is only a little over an inch and 1" wider. I under stand its 2.2" taller but divide the overall tire in half 1.1" higher than it sits now. And yes i seen the paper clip videos

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running 295/70/18 on my 2016 and I'm having issues with the traction control kicking in. It drives me crazy. Can anyone send me a link for the paper clip trick. It would be so appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here's decent instructions on how to reset the VSC system and perform a Zero Point Calibration using the paper clip method;

1) Park your truck on a level surface. Make sure the steering wheel is completely straight.
2) With the key off, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it.
3) Turn the key on, without starting the engine.
4) Grab your paper clip, and using the picture below, connect and disconnect the two terminals shown (CG and TS) four times within 8 seconds.

5) You should see the VSC light turn on. This means that all the calibration data has been cleared.
6) Turn the ignition switch off.
7) Now take your paper clip, and connect the two terminals shown (CG and TS) in the picture.
8) Turn the key back on, without starting the engine.
9) After a few seconds, you should hear a buzzer sound for 3 seconds. After that buzzer stops sounding, Turn the key back off, and remove the paper clip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's decent instructions on how to reset the VSC system and perform a Zero Point Calibration using the paper clip method;

1) Park your truck on a level surface. Make sure the steering wheel is completely straight.
2) With the key off, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it.
3) Turn the key on, without starting the engine.
4) Grab your paper clip, and using the picture below, connect and disconnect the two terminals shown (CG and TS) four times within 8 seconds.

5) You should see the VSC light turn on. This means that all the calibration data has been cleared.
6) Turn the ignition switch off.
7) Now take your paper clip, and connect the two terminals shown (CG and TS) in the picture.
8) Turn the key back on, without starting the engine.
9) After a few seconds, you should hear a buzzer sound for 3 seconds. After that buzzer stops sounding, Turn the key back off, and remove the paper clip.
Is this the same procedure for a 2012??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts