Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if I have an issue or not. 08 DC 5.7L
I had Yukon 4.88's installed and I am experiencing a wine (Not super loud, just at the right frequency that it is annoying) from about 55 mph to 70 mph only when I am maintaining speed if I let up the wine disappears. I am not sure if it is there when I am accelerating because of my exhaust (it is too loud :D ). So it seems like it might be a loading issue but I am not even sure if it is an issue.

Still in the breaking period have about 100 miles on them. going back Tuesday to have the gear oil changed.
Need to know if this is an issue taking the truck on a 2,700 mile road trip on Friday.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Maybe the lash is not setup right? Should be pretty quiet if installed right. I would let everything break in properly first, then see if it still wines.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I stayed under 55 the entire break in. Drive short distances and stop to let it cool off. Changed gear oil at 200 miles then again at 500 miles. Maybe excessive but haven’t had any problems or noises yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I've got Yukons and exact same issue. Didn't really notice it until weather got cold and windows were up. On mine from 55-65 MPH, and only when just maintaining speed. Lift or press pedal and sound goes away...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
J&S Gear in huntington beach. $400 labor to install my parts. The shop is so clean you could eat off the floors. They seem to know their stuff. Haven't had a chance to take mine back and see if they can perhaps adjust pinion preload to make the noise go away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.