Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I've searched for days and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so bear with me...I have a 3" supreme suspensions level kit, just the front nothing in the rear. I want to run 20" FUEL D514 PUMP CHROME RIMS & NITTO LT295-60-20 TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES. The offset on the wheels is +20. I do not want to have to trim the body mount. Okay, my question...Is anyone here running that size tire with a +20 offset? ive seen some people running a +35 offset but haven't found anyone with a +20 so I dont want to pull the trigger yet. Also, I don't quite understand the inner fender mod. can anyone post a link to a good thread for that or try to explain in detailed with some pics...I have a 2011 DC v6...thanks for any and all help!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
For the fender mod lay on your back underneath your front bumper. Look up right in front of the tires. You will see 2 hex head bolts. Remove these, cut the plastic about an inch(approximately where your stock holes are for the bolts you just removed). Pull fender liner towards the front bumper as far as you can, and reinstall the bolts so the plastic stays where you have moved it to.

I used a cordless drill, and didnt even need to redrill the plastic. just pressed the trigger until they went through. I used tin snips to trim the plastic. It took very little time and effort, and no one can tell that anything was modified. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks, I was looking at it from the wrong angle before...anyone running that size tire with a +20 offset?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The +20 will probably hit the body mount, that 1/2 inch difference makes a world of difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I ran into a guy that is running 295/70/18 with a +20 and did not require any body mount mod...however that tire is 1/2" narrower...hmmmm decisions decisions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that guy pulled it off with a +14 however was on a 295/70r18. I think im gonna pull the trigger...If anyone else has any input its greatly greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya i read that thanks...Definitely put my mind at ease. Almost makes me want to just go for a full 35X12.5 now lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts