Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 trd pro tundra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable right ?
Took me three months but it runs. what 🤯yes i did it. You know that feeling when a Subaru or any other turbo car goes by you and you that blow off valve sound ( chufffffzzz) wth yes I know. But what if you hear that noise and u look and all you can see is a Tundra….

hou have to see the faces of this people they almost presss the brake whit their jaws. 🤣so funny the the next action !!look a tundra whit a turbo !! And all I see is their faces going smaller every turn of my wheels. two days a go i was racing a 911 porche trust me it pulls 2 set of rear tires do. But is I drive normal 22mpg baby.

turbo
turbo
turbo tuuuurrrbbbooo
tuuuuurrrrrbbbbbooooo

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am a fan of turbo chargers. I love the sound of them winding up as well as the blow off valve. Did you buy some sort of kit or did you fabricate the pipes yourself?

Reactions: Mcgiver330

·
Registered
799 Posts
Drunk-text???

Reactions: 2underpar

·
Registered
2019 trd pro tundra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not drunk. I actually did it all in my back yard took me close to 6 months. I created everythin. i am still need to make a final kit since I was doing it little by little it looks like I made a puzzle but it is working and running
my plan is to sale the kit for it and install it for tundra fans that would like to have a turbo on their tundras. for that reason I wont be able to show or disclose the details yet . I researched a lot I got diferente ideas from older guys on the turbo performance industry. I even got kicked out from one of the turbo shop here in San Fernando valley claiming that It was impossible and that I lost a bolt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unbelievable right ?
Took me three months but it runs. what 🤯yes i did it. You know that feeling when a Subaru or any other turbo car goes by you and you that blow off valve sound ( chufffffzzz) wth yes I know. But what if you hear that noise and u look and all you can see is a Tundra….

hou have to see the faces of this people they almost presss the brake whit their jaws. 🤣so funny the the next action !!look a tundra whit a turbo !! And all I see is their faces going smaller every turn of my wheels. two days a go i was racing a 911 porche trust me it pulls 2 set of rear tires do. But is I drive normal 22mpg baby.

turbo
turbo
turbo tuuuurrrbbbooo
tuuuuurrrrrbbbbbooooo
Combined MPG on a Tundra is around 14, I’m having a hard time believing a turbo delivered a 57% MPG increase.

·
Registered
2019 trd pro tundra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there a difference in between supercharger and turbos someone out there please explain.

·
Registered
799 Posts
So many questions that I want to ask all in one sentence all at one time all because it’s gushing forth from my brain faster than my poor little fingers can trounce out a cohesive and comprehensive kaleidoscoped cacophony of keyboard commando queries!!! But, alas, I musn’t. Must resist the urge… must… use…. PUNCTUATION…. aaaahhhhahahh!!!!!!!

Um, Bubba? I don’t see no air filter on that there turbo inlet.. 🤔 Or is that one of them fancy new filter free forced induction digital doohickies? Or is that just the new breakin procedure to help seat them piston rings more better? And, uhhh… where’s the other turbo? Or is we just turbo’in one bank? Like fishin’ one bank of the river cuz the fishes swim down the middle anyhow.. And how does the engine com-pooter feel about all this bizNass? Stock tune? I like that VooDoo blue color. Maybe it helps with the voodoo under the hood? Finally… HOW MANY HORSEPERS???!?!????!?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is there a difference in between supercharger and turbos someone out there please explain.
Simply put:

Technically, a supercharger forces air into the cylinders, more fuel is added to mix with the greater volume of air creating a 'super' charge of air/fuel in each cylinder. By that definition, a turbo charger is a type of supercharger.

More commonly, when we talk about super chargers we are talking about a blower of some sort that is driven by a belt to super charge the engine. It uses some of the engine's power to drive the blower.

A turbo charger also forces a super charge of air/fuel into the cylinders, but instead of being driven by a belt it uses the energy of the exhaust to power the blower. The exhaust blows through a 'fan' which causes it to turn, there is another 'fan' or blower on the other end of the same shaft which in turn provides that forced air for the super charge.

·
Registered
2019 trd pro tundra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Combined MPG on a Tundra is around 14, I’m having a hard time believing a turbo delivered a 57% MPG increase.
Ok I did test going on a road whit more downhills defenatelly not 22 but i test on flat at speed limit the highest it give is 20 mpg.
i also want to make something clear English is not my first lenguage. If you want to ask me questions be easy on the wording please other wise don’t bother nobody is forcing no body to read my tread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts