Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the DRLs on the 2014 tundra limiteds are the yellow turn signal lights? Is it me or does that not make sense? I always associated yellow with parking lights. I am used to a low beam style DRL.

You can kind of see the yellow lights in my sig pic.

Wish the limiteds came with the LED DRLs.

Thanks,

·
Registered
371 Posts
I guess that's a personal preference thing. In the '07 FJC that we traded, it had the headlight DRL's and most people on the forums didn't like them, me included. Most guys unplugged them (it was a fairly easy mod) but I always thought it would have been better if the marker lights were used as the DRL's. Just never took the time to figure out how to wire it. I like the look and the function of the markers as DRL's on the Tundra. I plan to swap the bulbs for some LED's and call it done! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's a personal preference thing. In the '07 FJC that we traded, it had the headlight DRL's and most people on the forums didn't like them, me included. Most guys unplugged them (it was a fairly easy mod) but I always thought it would have been better if the marker lights were used as the DRL's. Just never took the time to figure out how to wire it. I like the look and the function of the markers as DRL's on the Tundra. I plan to swap the bulbs for some LED's and call it done! :thumbsup:
Good idea, what color led bulb? Let me know part number and place you buy and I'll do the same. Thanks!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
57 Posts
My explorer i just traded for a 14 tundra limited had the headlights for dlr. i dont mind so long as they come on and i dont have to think about it. I dont like the turnsignal lits for dlr. that seems wrong to me.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Hasn't this been the case since 2007? I think the 2013 had some LEDs and you can get that trim piece to get them. The platinum and 1794 get LEDs.

This may just be me, but I don't like the strip of LEDs on most cars. I think BMW nailed it with the halo DRLs though. I like the Tundra yellow DRLs, but I'm not a fan yet of all the LED strips on new cars. Doesn't look "complete".

Shoot, my home has more LEDs then my cars. (bulbs were on sale at HD for $5 each. Jumped on that. At least those save me money in the long run.)

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts