Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont care for the sound, and instead of hacking it up to put a different muffler in, I figured id see if anyone local wanted to buy or trade for it. I just got my 2020 Tundra Platinum yesterday so the exhaust has all of 50 miles on it, ive been a mechanic for 20 years so im happy to do the swap if you have a Magnaflow or Borla True dual system, otherwise you can come pick up the TRD system if youre in Albuquerque. I will not ship it, I won't meet you half way anywhere, I won't just sell you part of it, I dont want whatever you have on trade unless its a good condition Magnaflow or Borla system, and anything besides "I will take it" or "I will trade for it, I have a Magnaflow or Borla" would be an irrelevant response. My system has the Black tips with one coming out each side in case there are multiple systems.

$850 cash money or your system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FWIW, it takes a little bit for the system on these to "break in" for a lack of a better wording. I wasn't crazy about mine once I bought it, but after a few hundred miles or so, it got a much throatier/ deep sound to it. Take this as you please.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, it takes a little bit for the system on these to "break in" for a lack of a better wording. I wasn't crazy about mine once I bought it, but after a few hundred miles or so, it got a much throatier/ deep sound to it. Take this as you please.
It just needs a crossover or x pipe and it will be fine, but I figured anyone that might want a TRD would want it in factory configuration, and it was a $1200 option so hate to cut it up. My 2017 tundra had the magnaflow system and I loved it, and I’ve built the systems on other vehicles with similar mufflers, I just don’t like the distinct separation of sound, it sounds like I’m down a cylinder or driving a wrx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts