Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this weekend, I was washing my new-to-me Tundra, and I noticed a good-sized dent in my bumper. It is on the driver's side near the fog light on the chrome portion of the bumper. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if I had hit something to cause it. This had to have been a decent impact to do that damage, but it sure as heck didn't just happen on its own. Seems to have mysteriously appeared. I thought it might have happened at work, so I reviewed all the camera footage and couldn't find anything. The only other place I went that might have had some kind of footage was Home Depot. I called them and was told their cameras don't even see the parking lot.

The worst part is, a week ago I was driving a 20 year old Chevy truck, and I wouldn't have given a rat's buttock if that got hit. Less than a week with my new truck, and I am looking at a costly repair. Man, that pisses me off!

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I just felt the need to vent.

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I came out of a grocery store one day and found the rear quarter panel of my old Titan pushed in from an obvious careless backer- Fortunately they were remorseful and left their contact info- and to top it off, they had Geico, which backed the repair fast, efficient, and effortless on my behalf. Pays to have a nice looking truck at times I guess- But enuf of my story- it doesn't matter where we park our nice trucks, even being as far away from others sometimes doesn't matter- It could have been a stray, out of control shopping cart in the wind. I watched one bounce off my lower rocker panel one day at about 15 mph, no damage amazingly! I hope u find solace knowing if someone did hit it, they probably feel terrible- if they have a heart. Their day will come........

Reactions: Ol'Dub

· Registered
1,894 Posts
sorry about your luck, keep your eyes open on the for sale page. lots of people upgrade there bumpers then put their stock ones up for sale.

· Registered
66 Posts
Man sorry to see that. I just posted earlier today about someone clearly running into me and leaving a nasty dent with serious scratching in it. no note, nothing.
my wife and I have seen people do this in parking lots a few times too. People seem to think 'bumpers' mean you can back up or pull forward until it bumps the other car.
I like the idea of maybe buying a used one from here. or check into junk yards. may run into some luck.

· Registered
542 Posts
Look on the bright side... It's just one more mod to start on a little earlier than planned!

· Registered
732 Posts
Man I'm sorry and I feel your pain! I was rear ended when my truck was still under a year old. Hope you find something to replace it with that you like even better than the chrome one!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd get a black plastic bumper and have it color matched. Probably cheaper than a chrome one. My truck got rear ended 3 weeks after I bought it new, it's not a good feeling sorry to see that happened to you
That's not a half bad idea. Where would I begin looking for a replacement bumper to do this?

· Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear man, I posted about a week ago about my 3 month 13 getting hit on the freeway so I know exactly how you feel. I'm picking it up the shop today and its my bday so i'm looking forward to it. All you can do now is breath and move on.

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune. My first scratches came at Home Depot. I went to lowes to get lumber than stop at Home Depot for something else. I parked way out in the lot and it was windy. The wind pushed one of those lumber carts with the rails and it hit my tailgate. I used touch up paint but it could be seen where it was. Last May I was hit on that side in the rear and it got a fresh paint job. SO I was lucky to get rid of those scratches.

· Registered
116 Posts
That's terrible. The part that really gripes me is that who-ever put that dent in your bumper didn't own up to it.

· Registered
482 Posts
It's frustrating when people can be such inconsiderate bastards.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, I am having an estimate done on it to see what a new chrome bumper will cost. I may or may not fix it right away, but I want to research some options. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

And no, nobody besides me has driven it except my wife, and I was in the passenger's seat. I know it didn't happen when we were in the truck. Still sucks though.

On a good note, the truck is at the dealership today and tomorrow getting the seats reupholstered in leather. They even gave me a 2012 CM SR5 TRD as a loaner! Is it wrong to feel like I should trade in my DC already? :)

· Registered
545 Posts
That dent is low. WTH would cause that? Has anyone else driven the truck lately?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
could have been someone towing a flat bed trailer with rails. thats what happened to my brand new work truck.

· Premium Member
194 Posts
Hate to see that. I would be sick!

Reactions: dikkie
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.