Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very small problem but figured it was worth mentioning to yall..

I was installing my reverse aux lights and took down the trailer adapter to tap into the wires. Two 10mm bolts. easy enough...

When putting it back, one of the bolts sheered.. no big deal, I went to Toyota and had them order two new ones.. figured maybe change them both out, or have a spare in case I break another one. A week goes by, the bolts come in.. and they are the wrong ones.. So my newly found parts guy that I for now on will always be using Joe, called Toyota and asked them about the hardware..

ok.. get this.. ready?

The only way to get the 40 cent bolts is to purchase the entire hitch assembly from Toyota.. They don't offer them otherwise.

so Joe told me to go take one off a new Tundra in the lot and use those. He said the sales people can deal with it later

Reactions: TexasTundra4.6

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I felt like James Bond sneaking around a new car lot with a ratchet and a 10mm socket... The sales guys were enemy snipers.. If they saw me it was all over.. I would have had to brake a few necks and hide them in a Camry's trunk or something..

·
Registered
663 Posts
SHHEEETT.. now ask him about swapping out some tow mirrors off the sales lot.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't you have a supply store near you? Hardware store or Fastenal?

I go to l local place called Herb's wholesale supply and fastner in the Rochester NY area they have almost anything you can bring in including the good door plastic fastners.

The last place I go for anything is the dealership unless it is for my free service!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Are these some super special yota only 10mm bolts or something?

Why'd you goto the dealership instead of, say, home depot?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
So what dealership is Joe at? ... I could do some shopping on some rw wheels, tow mirrors and color matched bumpers. I'll do it all afterhours and do complete swaps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: tridacna

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are these some super special yota only 10mm bolts or something?

Why'd you goto the dealership instead of, say, home depot?
Went to Lowes.. they had nothing... and I had to go to the dealer anyway because my hood wouldn't open... The little spring broke.. While I was there I asked

·
Registered
808 Posts
FYI:

Try Autozone or your local car parts store. They usually have an aisle for OEM fasteners and other misc hardware.

Another good place to try is TrueValue. They usually have a good selection of hardware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts