Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about trading in my 2014 CM SR5 for a 2019 TRD Pro.
Now I am second guessing myself and wondering if it is worth waiting to see what the 2020 has to offer.
I tried to find a release date for it but so far have come up empty.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been talking to my dealer here in Canada
He said will be able to order a 2020 TRD PRO sometime in July for likely a September delivery.
There are 4 color choices this year Black, White, Army Green and a Grey ( I forget the names for the colors) They will have 8” center display, JLB sound system, push button start with remote start possibly with a app ( he wasn’t 100% sure) there might be a few other little things I have forgotten that he mentioned...still a plastic steering wheel no leather yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh and Apple Car Play and Android
Found the color names Super White, midnight black metallic, magnetic gray metallic and the special heritage color ARMY GREEN.
What I also found via google is Double Cab is back for US, heated seats like we get in Canada , duel climate control and leather steering wheel and center console lid...take what I found on the internet as rumors as I didn’t hear that from my dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David, The push button start and the larger center display would be nice to have as well as the Army Green.
decisions decisions

·
Registered
153 Posts
I grabbed my 2017 DC in Cement thinking it was the last year for the TRD PRO, but mostly wanted the color.

Always hard to make the call. I've driven the 2019, and really like the updated gauge cluster and a few other things, but things like heated seats and leather steering wheel are user upgradeable. Apple car play and Android auto with screen Mirroring would be nice, but I'm happy with the Entune so far.

Ultimately, I love the truck and is all I need, will be interesting to see what TMC has in the future. They say a new Tundra is coming soon....

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the new RAV4 is any indication of Toyota rebooting a model it might make sense to wait for the 2021 or later model. They seem to miss the boat and play catch-up for the first few years after a new release.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was thinking about waiting to see what Toyota offers next but I sold my FJ and bought a '19. My FJ was starting to depreciate fairly quickly so I thought get the cash now and use it toward the Tundra so I could afford it. If the new Tundra is that much better then I can sell the '19 to upgrade in a few years. Tundra holds it's value so I shouldn't take a huge hit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got confirmation today that my order was accepted and I will be getting 1 of the first 10 coming to Alberta with a delivery between Sept 14-24 😬‼

1 - 9 of 9 Posts