Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TT brain trust,

Just picked up a new Rt magnum bumper and will be installing (3) 185 watt 9" led lights to the front bar. I have done the homework and will be running them off relays. My question is what size should I use, and whether to combine them off one big or run 3 separate to one switch? What sort of load would be placed with the 3 lights being on?

I do guided fishing trips and handle all of my boats wiring and re-wiring, so the vehicle wiring is a whole new ball game for me.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
According to a calculation those led's are likely about 14-15 amp draw each.

You could use one relay, but it would have to be a high amp relay, and also wiring would have to be sufficient. It might be easier to just use 3 standard draw relays instead of one high amp relay and heavy gauge wire, then splitting it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I did some digging and found a couple threads as well. I will end up doing the three relays, I am installing two led driving lights into the bumper besides my fogs, so will be adding a fourth relay to the mix.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too funny. Haven't checked this thread since I posted with all the charters i've had. I ended up buying that exact relay box and just finished the main wiring. Will post some pics of what I did. Just waiting for a nice switch inside the cab and im done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.