Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its starting to piss me off because I have no idea what happened. I'll try that relay and I got a new switch but I don't know what good that will do since I have no power to parking lights.. This sucks butt
Did you get this figured out? I just got a set of fogs and have been doing my research prior to installing to make sure I'm prepared for any obstacles I may encounter. Most of the issues people have had on here seem to have been fixed, so I'm curious what you got figured out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I just got a set of fogs and have been doing my research prior to installing to make sure I'm prepared for any obstacles I may encounter. Most of the issues people have had on here seem to have been fixed, so I'm curious what you got figured out.
I blew a fuse in the dash, it was the tail light fuse which controls the turn signal lights. 15A easily replaced.
I figured mine out but the LED doesn't come on at all. I just need to open the switch and reverse the polarity to get it working but I don't want to, I think it looks better dark. What happened on mine was the power coming to the fogs was negative, so since I have HIDs with spade connectors, I just simply reversed the leads (polarity is clearly marked on the OEM female connector for fogs). I rewired the switch with the constant power prong on the switch to ground and then on the power to accessory prong I put the light blue wire there.

Hope this made sense. I can clarify more if you need me to!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Glad you got it working man. Did it work out for you to be able to switch them on whenever?

·
Registered
29 Posts
powerhogger - can u take a pic for me so i can c how it looks.. i also have the amazon kit that is meant for a non-pre wired truck and im all kinds of confused hahaa

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old thread but thats what the search tabs for right.But yeah I here you guys.I got an ebay dt fog kit with hid.It was listed as pre wire but it came with the complete wire harness.I am buggard.Hesitant to try pre wiring the switch.Ecu is more than 2k if I burn it up I here.But any way it seems the wired kit has a possitive signal and pre wire has a negative signal.I 2 have 2 green inpute wires one blue and a ground.I wired the switch to a battery to check the signal and it test possitive.You guys say you wired this switch as a prewire it shouldnt work.Does any one have any pics of the pre wire switch canections.The wired switch first is inpute lead which is green then blue for signal another green thats tied into inpute then ground.Is your guys pre wire switch wired the same way.I know its the same switch but it has to be wired different in order to work and I cant find any info.Tundra parts ect seem to cover it up with there fingers so you cant see it.2 weeks now really wanting these lights to work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
HMmm.Guessing the rewiring to prewire switch is all bs:rolleyes:Well I just went ahead and purchased the switch from tundra parts.40 BUCKS Ive spent more than I cared for to get this to work should of just got the oem light switch.But in any case these switches are pretty damn cheap for the price.Nothing like the oem switches in the vehicle.Just poorly built.I hate putting fleet market quality crap in a 30-40 k vehicle but any way when I get the switch will see whats wired different.Maybe the same and difference is in relay but im not wanting to send a possitive signal to a negative by trial and error.:confused:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just got the switch in.The pre wire and the non wired tundra switch is deffenately wired differently.Not sure about the switch not lighting up but if it doesnt I guess you would half to run it with a possitive signal and run it to a relay to get your negative signal to the relay in the fuse box.But Im not worried about the light on the switch much.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Could somebody let me know what relay to order? I have the fogs installed and now need a relay and switch to complete the job. Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Could somebody let me know what relay to order? I have the fogs installed and now need a relay and switch to complete the job. Thanks.
Tundra part.com has the switch and relay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd like to get my driving lamps to work without the head lights. What can I do to make this happen. Thanks in advance,

Anthony C

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
Trying to install my fog lights. Need help. Every thread/YouTube channel I see is different or doesn't point out where to connect wires. I have as followed

Black obviously ground, red + yellow - ??? Where do I plug these ? Kit kame with one wire splicing connector

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts