Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Oct 2009 ToTM Winner
1,863 Posts
Had my oil changed today at the dealer and I went to the parts dept to ask about wiper blades and since I know the parts guy he was able to give me a discount that isn't being ran in the papers just through preferred customers.

Got both OEM blades for a total of $44.65!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I changed from stock wipers to Goodyear Assurance from Costco when I bought my truck (24K on the odometer). That pair only lasted a year. Bought another set and the second pair only lasted six months. I now have the neoforms and they are awesome, only time will tell if they're worth 4x the money.

Reactions: kurt1011

·
Registered
106 Posts
Best wipers I have used are the Rain X Latitudes, to the people who have had negative results were the wipers that were used Latitudes? The other wipers that Rain X have are not as good

·
Registered
45 Posts
PIAA SI-tek wipers

L: 97060 - 24"
R: 97055 - 22"

They run about $30 ea @ amaz0n.

TireRak also sells 'em but they say they don't fit Tondruhs?? -not to mention on that site u just can't search for the PIAA part number and put it into ur cart, FAIL TireRak!

These silicone wipers last about 2.5 yrs in STL, Misery WX.

OEM and RainX wipers sux [email protected]! They don't even last six months....I remember when I first bought my truk in '07 couldn't stand the sh!++y OEM wipers and had to wait 'till '10 to get the PIAA ones. LOL!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the bosh icons they're pretty pricey and I guess they're alright. They're nothing like the OEM bblades, the Bosch are kinda harsh on the windshield and leave some streak opposed to the OEM ones that make a soft clean swipe.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Anyone recommend a particular replacement blade/insert for snow/icy weather?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I changed from stock wipers to Goodyear Assurance from Costco when I bought my truck (24K on the odometer). That pair only lasted a year. Bought another set and the second pair only lasted six months. I now have the neoforms and they are awesome, only time will tell if they're worth 4x the money.
I bought a couple of sets of the Goodyears at Costco too, cuz they were so cheap. Put 'em on both cars and HATED them! Wouldn't stay tight to the glass, lift at freeway speeds, and Chatter! Noise like to drove me nuts! Went back to Bosch Micro-Edge which work great. Used 'em for years. The blades on my '10 are probably original, since the truck came from Sacramento, where it never rains. Here in the pacific NW, maybe you've heard, it rains occasionally. Light rain and road grime results in streaking if the wipers aren't pristine. I replace mine every year, and sometimes twice a year. If they come with adapters that fit these oddball Toyota wiper arms, I'll likely stick with Bosch. The OEM's work fine, too. Maybe I can find a good price at my fave online OEM parts vendor, Carson Toyota.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I picked up rain x latitude blades on sale at a local Costco for 7.99 each. 3 weeks so far on this truck, but I had the same ones for about 15k on my 1st gen, and they were still streak free when I sold it.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I see a lot of folks talking about the rain x latitudes, well those wipers are SHIT! I work at O'reilly auto parts and we sell the least of those, put them on sale and people still don't want them and the ones we do sell get warrantied out before the 1 year mark.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see a lot of folks talking about the rain x latitudes, well those wipers are SHIT! I work at O'reilly auto parts and we sell the least of those, put them on sale and people still don't want them and the ones we do sell get warrantied out before the 1 year mark.
So, which ones do you sell the most of and have the best results?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I honestly think oem ones are the best. But they are pricey!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Yes the True OEM ones are the best they lasted me 2 years before they started to streak. But I found that the ones you buy @ a Toyota re not the OEM ones they are 38.00 for the set and if you order the true OEM ones they are 60.00 for the set,but do the math on how long they last & they are the best for your money.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
So, which ones do you sell the most of and have the best results?
BOSCH Icons & Orange Rain X washer fluid and the next time you encounter driving in a huge storm you'll be quite pleased. I've used this for years, last set of Icons I had lasted 5 years and were still working like new when I traded in the truck. Just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ancos!

I live part of the year on an island in Alaska. LOTS of rain / snow / ice. I have Anco blades, the winter ones specifically, on all of my rides. Love those blades and have been using them for years. They have this awesome little sleeve over the articulating parts of blades that keeps ice and snow out of the middle of the wiper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in tucson where it almost never rains...so you never think about wiper blades. I made it through monsoon season with some minor streaking but now, four months later its winter rain and the blades were completely shot. stopped by O'Reileys and picked up the almost cheapest blades they had for like $45. When did freaking wiper blades get so expensive? Not happy with the price but if they last three years like the first set then I guess Ill get over it.

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Stock wipers lasted over 3 years for me. I use rain-x fluid in the squirters because it works great.

In MI we get lots of rain and snow.

I went with an aftermarket wiper, I like the oems better but haven't bothered to get another set of oem's.

My aftermarkets were bought off napa when they were doing a close-out so I think I paid about 30-40 bucks for two sets of premium normally $20-25 each wipers. It might have been less, I forget. I just know it was cheap enough to get two sets for less than the price of one oem and that I don't really care if they miss 3/4 of an inch at the very top.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bosch finally released Icon blades for the 2014+ trucks. I put a set on a couple weeks ago, and they've been great--no chatter like my OEM ones did in very light rain/fog.

I've had good luck with them on our last 4-5 vehicles, including my 2003 Tundra. They also do very well in the winter, since there's no framework to catch the ice on.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts