Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
after 3 years my factory ones were wearing down so I went with the michelin ones last week dont buy them! The drivers side misses the whole middle section at highway speeds now I have to go and buy some from the stealership this week.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same problem here with the michelins. Totaly lame on the drivers side. on my second set and am done buying these! They just suck! You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rain-x Latitude

Well my wiper blades needed to be replaced to i called the dealership to get a price and it was around $80, so i said no way. Read a bunch of reviews here, and decided to get some Rain-X latitudes. Went to auto zone and paid about $45. The installation is pretty simple, you remove the attachment piece on the rain-x blades and replace it with one of the 4 adapters that come inside the box. I have an 07 CM, so the (I & L arms) adapter is the one is used. Once you attach the adapter, remove the old blades and slide on the new ones. Should take 10 min max........It happened to rain here today so i got a chance to see how they work, and i was very pleased with them. Just my 2 cents.

·
Oct 2009 ToTM Winner
1,863 Posts
I know I use mine and if the window has one streak I will flip the wiper back and forth until it is gone, but I have 15k on the dash and ride in the rain, snow, and admit I due use mine on ice now and then but so far they are holding up pretty good. I have a feeling after this winter I will be buy new and unless I can get a set of blades that will work as good as the factory blades I may just drop the coin on the pricier ones, see if there is a way to get a discount some how.......Anyone know of dealership discounts of parts?

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I usually don't buy wipers very often because I use Rain X but I bought the Higher End Bosch Units because one of mine was torn. I can't remember if they were the Icons or the MicroEdge. Most expensive wipers I ever bought but I have been happy with them. When I bought them they were buy one get one half price but still the most expensive wiper I ever bought.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have also used RainX and found them to be ok, we have a lot of snow and ice here in the winter and they do get beatup but I think any of the wipers would suffer the same fate.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I use the Bosch Icon's on all of our vehicles and have always been pleased. Expensive but worth it IMO.

Agreed, I had them on my 2000 tundra and they still performed like new after 4 years, and that's in St Louis weather....I also use RainX on my window and in the washer fluid reservoir.

My new 2011 in which I've only owned a couple of months have OEM wipers and they're noisy as hell. I put RainX on the window and that helped some but didn't eliminate the problem entirely, I see some Bosch icons in my very near future.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cheap auto parts!

Advance Auto always has coupons for online purchases, up to 40% off sometimes. Just choose pick up at store to save the shipping cost. Check slickdeals.net for coupon codes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man if you dig long enough on here you can find about any answer you need........thanks for the info.....One question.......how does the rainx latitude hold up with snow?

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Recently changed my worn out OEM wiper blades to Rain X Latitude (purchased at local Auto Zone). 26" for driver side, 22" for passenger. They work very well in the rain and even in a light snow storm that hit a few weeks back. Took some learning on the install part, but otherwise it was easy putting them on. Just as a side note: during the winter here in Oklahoma I switch to Prestone de-icer windshield washer fluid. Really helps to remove ice from the window, and the liquid won't refreeze either so I can spray it while moving down the road in 10 degree weather. Aso keeps the washer reservoir from freezing and cracking.

·
Oct 2009 ToTM Winner
1,863 Posts
3 years and my driver side finally ripped in the center.

Switched it to the pass side even though they are different lengths, but it will work till I feel like coughing up the cash for new ones.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts