Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my driver side Wiper has a loose rubber piece .. so every time it rains

its clear except for the one part that is loose .

I attempted to go to O rielys .. but none would fit

So do i have to go to toyota to get a new one?

:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have found that rain ex "arched" wipers work fine. They are expensive at $20 each but less expensive than the dealers $30 each. These wipers are the new 1 piece style that forms to the windshield and there is an adapter in the package for the wiper arm. At least this works for my 2010 dc. I hope this helps

·
Registered
185 Posts
haven't changed mine yet, but doesnt Toyota sell replacement rubbers for under $5?

They did for my Rav, Highlander and Matrix...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wiper Replacement

I just posted my experience with wiper replacement in the PARTS section. I agree: RAIN-X "LATITUDE" blades worked for me. I'm told Toyota does not make less expensive inserts for the 2007+ Tundra.

I bought the RAIN-X "LATITUDE" at Wal-Mart ($19) but also saw them at Pep Boys. Be sure to get the 26 inch blade for the driver's side and the 23 inch blade for the passenger side.

Of the two connectors that come with it use the one for the "PTB ARM". My only difficulty was getting the locking cover to CLICK in place over the end of the arm. I used the sharp point of an awl to get it to work.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I had to buy a set when my driver's side wiper started falling apart. This was less than a year since I own the truck. Since then I replaced the wipers with Trico. Rmember the driver's side is longer than the passenger. 26" for the driver side and 22" for the passenger.
Trico 26" part # 16-2613
Trico 22" part # 16-2213

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had to buy a set when my driver's side wiper started falling apart. This was less than a year since I own the truck. Since then I replaced the wipers with Trico. Rmember the driver's side is longer than the passenger. 26" for the driver side and 22" for the passenger.
Trico 26" part # 16-2613
Trico 22" part # 16-2213
Any noise from the Trico. I had to return a set because they were so loud and other Tundra owners have also complained about the noise. Or is it that you have a modded CAI and exhaust and you cant hear the blades anyway?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a set of the rainX I put on last fall. If you have to deal with Ice and Snow find another brand. Mine wore out in places and left streaks very quickly. I HATE dirty windshields so I may be a little more particular than most. I will NOT buy another set of the RainX.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ford/Motorcraft makes a really good wiper blade. I have tried Bosch, AcDelco, Ford, and the Ford's have performed the best so far. They can be had for about $10 from a dealer if anybody wants to try a set the part#'s are
AU2Z-17V528-GA ( WW-2201-PF ) and AU2Z-17V528-JA ( WW-2601-PF )

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
I wouldn't go to Toyota to have them do it. I went to D.W.I and bought some HD wipers. Mine were $20 a piece and came with a free bottle of Rain X to put on your windshield and it helped a lot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No just go to any auto parts and get the Rainex ones, they're pretty good.

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
FinallyGot1: That's the same thing I use sometimes. It works wonders for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
OK - so I wanted to resurrect this thread for a minute...

I replaced my 2 Rain-X Latitude® wipers in the Spring this year (April maybe?) When I took the old ones off I kept the plastic attachment pieces (tossed 'em in the glove box). Good thing I did. In June, my passenger side (plastic piece) split right in half - no worries, cause I was lucky enough to have a spare.

Then in September, my driver's side split in half (unfortunately this time on the HWY at 65 MPH and the whole blade and everything was gone.) So I had to go buy another blade and all. Then, last week (after only 1 MONTH or so), the driver's side plastic piece split in half again.

I'm done buying Rain-X wipers I guess. Took it o the dealer and got a Toyota wiper installed.

Anyone else have this problem with the Rain-X Latitude® wipers?

I'm thinking it's gotta' be a design/manufacturing flaw. I have all 3 of the broken parts, I was thinking about sending them back with a complaint.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm still running my OEM wipers on my truck. I bought a set of Michelin wipers from Costco w/ the BOGO free offer they had. I haven't put them on my truck yet.

Interesting the book stated that the 07-09 Tundra's use a longer wiper than the 10+ Tundra's.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Anyone have experience on how long those RAINX Latitude wipers can be expected to last?
I bought my truck in July 2010, and they were already on, age unknown. They are just starting to wear out and streak a little bit. Of course, since I have a company car I don't drive the truck as often, so mine probably lasted longer than normal.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts