Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid for under warranty by Toyota. I was at the dealer for this http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/318106-possible-door-sill-corrosion-issue-need-opinions.html. Costs were $46.37 for the blades and $44.50 labor. Shop rate is $99.00 per hour. This is crazy, do people really pay this? I did a quick check, one online dealer is selling the blades for $46.00 and wants $12.00 to ship them. They remove water no better than the $4.00 blades I buy from Walmart. Makes the $46.37 oil change quite reasonable, also paid for by Toyota.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Alternator went out on my Corolla yesterday.

I had never even looked at how it came off.
I had it off in 30 minutes including pulling the right tools.
Had it all buttoned up and running 10 minutes after I got the replacement.

$185.00 out the door for the alternator at Autozone. Lifetime warranty.

I called my guy at Toyota this morning, Parts and labor would have been $742.00

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
Hell, if you go to Auto Zone and buy wiper blades, you get a good price, and they'll put them on for you at no charge, if you want them to.

Reactions: RitcheyRch

·
"Thug Counter"
824 Posts
That's probably the minimum labor charge, half hour increments.
I know that the Toyota body shops bill in quarter hour increments, but service might be different.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Kind of like charging 60 dollars to install a cabin air filter that costs 14 dollars and requires less than 60 seconds of labor from when you open the box for the new one to when you throw the old one in the trash.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Who takes a half hour to put on wiper blades?
The 2 jackasses at my dealership. After saying they were replaced, and checking them off on their sheet, 2 visits and they never got done. I went back and the service manager sent out some kid who just couldn't figure it out. A mechanic then came out and put them on backwards, and then reinstalled them. Took them 45 mins easily. I was never charged because they half assed the job from the get go. Toyota of Wappingers Falls NY by the way.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lucky your driving a tundra not a BMW, Mercedes or jag. Blades alone cost $150+. You want to here people bitch

1 - 20 of 29 Posts