Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
it does just pop out, but be careful which wipers you buy as many do not have the right connection. I bought some wipers last year and couldn't figure out how to get them on the truck. The worker guy came out and looked at me like i was some dumb business guy who cannot even change his own wipers. He actually admitted later he was thinking this. then I got the last laugh when he was stumped and had to admit he didn't get it either. I returned them and got some that worked. maybe take one off and compare it in the store.

· Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, I felt retarded the first time I tried to swap wipers. I think I was missing an attachment from Bosch or something. I think I spent about an hour looking stupid in my driveway trying to figure it out before giving up. Needless to say, I still have my 2010 original wipers from the dealer, 3 years and 1 month and they are actually still holding up very well and clear water and clean the windshield without any problems...no streaks!
Damn...I'm lazy! haha

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Yeah, I felt retarded the first time I tried to swap wipers. I think I was missing an attachment from Bosch or something. I think I spent about an hour looking stupid in my driveway trying to figure it out before giving up. Needless to say, I still have my 2010 original wipers from the dealer, 3 years and 1 month and they are actually still holding up very well and clear water and clean the windshield without any problems...no streaks!
Damn...I'm lazy! haha
My first set I thought the same but the set wasn't the right ones for a Tundra. Dumb butt parts guy at Autozone gave me the wrong set and after 10 minutes I finally saw the light and went back in.

· Registered
1,569 Posts
Hey Pony...how are those Trico's? I bought the expensive Rain X blades...like $18 each and they have squeked since I put 'em on.

Reactions: dikkie

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Hey Pony...how are those Trico's? I bought the expensive Rain X blades...like $18 each and they have squeked since I put 'em on.
I've had them on for 7 months. Not had any problems so far. Only had a few days or really heavy rain.
These are coated with Teflon, the Rain X with graphite.

I've not had them squeak or judder, they work just as well as the OEM ones did.
I put Rain X on the wife's Lexus as they were the only ones they had in stock. I was able to get a Trico for the rear window.

I found them both to be equally well made, and work just as well as each other. These were half the price though. I'd buy them again.

· Registered
5,147 Posts
I will toss my confession in with everybody else as having once sat there like an idiot struggling with the crappy little adaptor that comes with them, thinking I must look like a real retard to take so long to change wiper blades. There was one brand I've used before that actually came with a few different ones so I had to keep trying them until I figured out which one was for my application. Will be looking at those direct fit TRICOs this time around.

Reactions: dikkie

· Registered
407 Posts
I will toss my confession in with everybody else as having once sat there like an idiot struggling with the crappy little adaptor that comes with them, thinking I must look like a real retard to take so long to change wiper blades. There was one brand I've used before that actually came with a few different ones so I had to keep trying them until I figured out which one was for my application. Will be looking at those direct fit TRICOs this time around.

I agree! I replaced mine last night with Michelin blades from walmart (only ones available) and sat in my driveway like a moron. Finally after 20 mins, I found the correct adapter and viola! What a pain in my arse!:mad:

· Registered
407 Posts

· Registered
1,648 Posts
I bought the RainX after reading on here how great they are. Only problem is where they attach in the middle leaves a streak when they are going back down. Up is clear and clean. I'm wondering if it might be the Toyota bracket that is causing this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.