Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kind of an odd question but have any of you found one brand better than another? I have always used Rain-X All Season but thought might as well ask some guys that do a lot more detailing than me.

Edit I wish we could edit the thread titles too. Can a Mod fix it for me please. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Whatevers cheapest. I like to use the regular rain-x- treatment. When you have the windows regularly treated, even the cheap stuff works good.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Green bug stuff like Tri

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
I use the regular stuff but in the warmer weather I put a splash of simple green in there to help the get the bugs off the windshield. Works real well

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Green rain X here too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
Cheap "blue generic" gallons from pretty much anywhere... with the addition of P21S!

The stuff kicks ass. Ya, it's around $14 for a 250ml bottle, but that jacks up 6 gallons of generic washer fluid.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I tried Rain-X wiper fluid for a while but it streaks bad in colder weather. The normal alcohol variety (Record Chemical makes a lot of it and rebranded) evaporates rapidly which is important. I manually apply water repellant to the windows regularly which I feel is a better application of the product anyway rather than just whatever the windshield sprayers manage to hit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the regular stuff but in the warmer weather I put a splash of simple green in there to help the get the bugs off the windshield. Works real well
That is a pretty cool idea. I might give that a shot

Cheap "blue generic" gallons from pretty much anywhere... with the addition of P21S!

The stuff kicks ass. Ya, it's around $14 for a 250ml bottle, but that jacks up 6 gallons of generic washer fluid.
Which product? There site doesn't seem to show any thing specific for windshield washer fluid.

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
The regular Rain-X treatment is what I've used for the past 10 years. I just drove 8 hours through line after line of thunderstorms to visit the inlaws and told them I never once turned on my wipers. They didn't believe me!

I've tried the RainX Orange, but about halfway gone, it turned a nasty brown color, so I drained it and flushed a 1/4 bottle of cheap blue stuff through it to clean out the lines. I've only ever bought the cheap blue stuff anyway, so I'll probably stick with that.

I do use Simple Green on a regualr basis, but I've never thought of in the WW fluid, that's a great idea. Gonna try it next time I fill up.

I've only had my truck about 9 months, but its the first vehicle that I've owned that can swallow a whole gallon jug of fluid without leaving any in the bottle. I still smile every time I fill up knowing I won't have a jug with 2" of fluid in it rolling around.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used the "peach" color Rain-X year round. It has the de-icer built-in but I use it year round with zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Only use a little bit of Simple green. Like a cap full

.......Or it will foam up like crazy and you will all hate me lol

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Generic -30 fluid in winter. In the summer I use distilled water as it dries spotless.

G

·
I just use the cheap blue stuff. But I manually apply rain-x every 2 months and then when I wash my truck, and do my windows I use the rain-x 2 in 1 cleaner and repellent. At night with no cars around half the time wipers aren't even needed...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
607 Posts
I use the orange rain ex. If it turned brownish - did your vehicle get serviced somewhere? If they add blue to the orange it will turn a nasty color. I put a sticker on my washer tank that says "dealer do not fill!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts