Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
285/75/18 Toyo Open Country A/T on 18x9 wheels w/+30 offset. On '08 Tundra DC w/5100's leveled at 2.5" full lift. They measure out at 34.8" OD per manufacturer website. I don't mind trimming skid plate or MINOR cutting of inner fender but prefer not to have to cut the body mount. 4 Wheel Parts said they will mount & balance but won't install them. I'm fine with that, but that leads me to believe that they are gonna rub?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Estupido! Any trimming req'd?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thats strange. Im running the Toyo ATs in 285/75/18 on 18x8.5 +19 ProComps and 4wheelparts, mounted, balanced and installed mine without hesitation. I had to remove the mudflaps and push the front wheel well lining up, but it doesnt rub at all. In fact theres room to go with a wider tire.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mhollack! I don't mind removing the mudflaps, and I have a heat gun and the tools required to do the mods if any, just wanted to have all my bases covered up front so I know what I needed to do. I appreciate the help! How do you like your Toyo's?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think they are great. I just wish Toyo made something in between the 285/75/18 and the 325/65/18. The 285's are too narrow for my taste and the 325's are a touch too wide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts