Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at Rims today and the guy told me that aftermarket rims would not work on a 2003 Tundra because they would rub on break calipers. (came stock with 16's) then I said what if I use spacers and he said "there is a reason we don't sell them. Problem waiting to happen.

What size rims can/should I use on my 2003 Tundra 4dr 2wd with 3in lift. Currently has 20" rims 265/50R20 but want to put some bigger tires on.

What problems do spacers cause?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I run the 16" Eagle Alloy's as well. I believe there are only a couple of manufactures that make a 16 that will fit a Gen. 1 Tundra if I remember correctly due to the huge front brakes that are on the Gen.1 Tundra's.

·
Registered
452 Posts
should fit no problem did the 2wd get the huge brakes or is was that a 4wd thing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size rims/tires can/should I get 2003 Tundra

Elton- funny thing is the rims I was asking about were 16" Eagle Alloys.
I think Brandan86 is correct, this guy was an idiot.

So does anyone have any feedback on what size rims and what size/brand tires I should go with. This is my first Toyota and having these low profile tires is driving me crazy. I want something that belongs on a truck not my wife's car.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
452 Posts
take a look at the toyo at2

·
Registered
50 Posts
On my 02 Gen1 Tundra I had the Toyota Enkei wheels 16x8. I ran both Michelin LTX MS and Firestone Destination LE's. Both gave excellent service in the 265-75-16 size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts