Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek:

So I'm laying in bed this morning tired from working last night and I hear the door opening and closing alot. Then I hear the distinct sound of a vacuum running so I figured she is cleaning out the minivan. I get up and peek out the window to see the van in the washing position of the driveway. About 20 mins later I see it backed further down the driveway but also see water running down the driveway in front of the van.

I then think surely shes not washing the truck, she has never attempted to and I've also made it clear that I and only I will wash the truck. I throw on some clothes quick to see whats going on and as I walk out the door to further investigate, my sweetheart says shes "doing me a favor" and washing it because she knew I would today since it's nice outside.

She's was just cleaning under one of the wheel wells (they were filthy from the rain and dirt) when she pulls her hand from underneath then proceeds to start washing the left rear panel. Shocked, I immediately said that's ok I 'll get the rest. I now have several scratches on it with most around the wheel wells. Gotta love her for trying though but I'll be pulling out the DA for some correction this weekend.

She also told me she wasn't sure if I used the brush on it or a regular towel. The Brush is only used on the tires and I sometimes use it to clean the deck at times. I dodged a bullet today.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sounds like her heart was in the right place, I would say teach her to use the DA :lol5: but I won't . Good thing you have a DA to clean up after the wash :D I always tell my wife not to drive her Hylander through the automated car washes :eek:but every once in a while she does and just creates a lot more work for me .
Glad you dodged the bullet

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Awesome wife and awesome truck. Win-win for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
:eek:

So I'm laying in bed this morning tired from working last night and I hear the door opening and closing alot. Then I hear the distinct sound of a vacuum running so I figured she is cleaning out the minivan. I get up and peek out the window to see the van in the washing position of the driveway. About 20 mins later I see it backed further down the driveway but also see water running down the driveway in front of the van.

I then think surely shes not washing the truck, she has never attempted to and I've also made it clear that I and only I will wash the truck. I throw on some clothes quick to see whats going on and as I walk out the door to further investigate, my sweetheart says shes "doing me a favor" and washing it because she knew I would today since it's nice outside.

She's was just cleaning under one of the wheel wells (they were filthy from the rain and dirt) when she pulls her hand from underneath then proceeds to start washing the left rear panel. Shocked, I immediately said that's ok I 'll get the rest. I now have several scratches on it with most around the wheel wells. Gotta love her for trying though but I'll be pulling out the DA for some correction this weekend.

She also told me she wasn't sure if I used the brush on it or a regular towel. The Brush is only used on the tires and I sometimes use it to clean the deck at times. I dodged a bullet today.
You are very lucky....when I was about 7 years old I decided I would help our neighbor and wash his brand new Cadillac before he got up. So I did...with an SOS pad...my intentions were good :eek:.

·
Registered
486 Posts
"Dodged a bullet" is right! God bless her for trying.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
Meanwhile my gf keeps asking me when WE can wash her car... It will be it's second wash. She bought it in like november or so of last year lol.

She is afraid of drive thru washes, yet thinks it is a WE project to go wash her car in 20°, meanwhile I have no quarter bitch when I need to wash my truck lmfao.

Yes, I call it being quarter bitch, I told her I would be her quarter bitch and that is all hahaha.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
^^^HAHA that is awesome! My wife would NEVER wash or clean her car or mine, she knows how anal I am about that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ha ha funny I just washed mine and hers today finally got some wether above freezing. realized the body needs to come off this summer and frame painted. fun. f-ing maine roads in the winter

·
Registered
188 Posts
20140222_121702.jpg

They always say pics or it didnt happen.

·
He Has Risen!
6,318 Posts
She's was just cleaning under one of the wheel wells (they were filthy from the rain and dirt) when she pulls her hand from underneath then proceeds to start washing the left rear panel.
And that is precisely the moment when I would have thrown my slipper/shoe at her head and asked if she just washed down some lead paint chips with a monster energy drink.
Well, if I had a wife and she did that. I'm divorced.
But, that's beside the point.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Seems like a great opportunity to spend some quality time together just you, her and the Tundra. Show her how to wash it the right way. Will probably be the last time she wants to wash it.

Nice of her to try and wash it for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Ya gotta love 'em, different and unique creations that they are:D Mine wouldn't consider doing that becuse like toy4x4boy's wife,she knows I'm sorta "out-there" over my truck:p You could tell her that she's certainly welcome to clean the INSIDE of your truck anytime though,our ladies are usually just as good or better than we are at that.We respectfully request pics of this prize of yours........and maybe one of the truck too:yesnod:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First pic is wife and daughter cleaning the minivan on a different day but using the "brush" on it. Second pic is the truck after I finished cleaning it and the third pic is of me and the wife.

I'm 44 years old so I gotta keep my chrome. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
That's awesome! I'm the same way, my wife knows not to touch my truck because she knows it won't be done the "right" way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts