Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013 DC longbed. 5.7. Almost 2500 mi. Every time I turn off the motor there is a very noticeable reving of what sounds to me like a pump of some sort. The truck runs fine seems to drink alot gas but this sound just does not seem to be something that anyone would have designed this way. Do they all make this sound?

·
Registered
408 Posts
its normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep just picked up my new 13 the other day and I noticed the same thing. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
It's the Air Injection Pumps (emissions device). Prior to the 13's, there have been failures because of moisture remaining in the units - especially during cold weather. Now, the pumps run and purge moisture out.

Like others have said, it's normal. My 12' goes in next Saturday for the TSB flash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Might be the fuel pump sending unit taking one more big sip before retiring from yet another day of drinking, lol- I don't have the noise issue on my 2009- Joe

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I recently noticed it, too. Sounds like a motor spinning for about a second. I wonder if this could have anything to do with the recall which flashed the ECM. Any thoughts?:confused:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
That's exactly it...did you see my post above?

Thanks. I overlooked your post because I was looking for ECM recall and flash. Maybe the dealer should tell us this stuff. I wonder how many people call the dealer about this noise?

·
Registered
85 Posts
please let us know if anyone in the 12-13 year range gets the dreaded pump issue! If not I may be trading in!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread. I just went in last weekend for my 5000 mile service and they did the recall reflash thing...there is definitely a new sound now when shutting the truck off. I am not worried anymore after seeing this and hopefully it takes care of the AIP thing. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts