Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Are there something I don't like over the other one?? Just a couple. They really don't add up to much of anything.
I agree, they are small things. I think they are something that someone at Toyota should have been paying attention to. I almost feel like some went home sick for a week, so they didn't finish the design on the center console. Maybe right now two guys are looking at each other going "I thought you were going to do that!"

Obviously whoever made the manual thought there would be a section on my #1 and referenced another page. What happened?

None of these are big "I'm not buying that truck because" type things. Some of them could be fixed today with a simple software update.

Who knows... they update could be in the mail!

-Mike-

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Damn, if I was in your shoes, I'd just buy a damn Dodge Ram :D
Oh! Hell NO!

Then I'd have to wake up every morning and see if there was still paint on my truck. I don't know why dodge can't make paint that actually sticks to a vehicle, but I won't bet on mine being the in 1% that still has paint after four years. Yes, I pulled that statistic out of my donkey. However, every older Dodge I see has paint peeling problems.

I'd rather buy a Ford And I AINT buying a damn FORD (though I do like the look of that talon)!

I keep this up and I'm going to run out of brands!

-Mike-

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
...This new Tundra is now miles behind the competition...
I don't know if I agree with this in it's totality.

I'm thinking GM might be miles behind, possibly where they will fall out of the race. I don't care if their truck can fly, if it bursts into flames you become a comet!

I like Ford, but I think Ecoboost technology is only a stop-gap. I'll reserve my Ram opinion for a few years, but their future looks promising if the reliability is there. I wish I was talking about long term reliability, but GM, Chrysler, and Ford all had major issues for me before 12K miles. Maybe today is different, but I'm not taking one for the team to find out again.

I'm getting 15MPG around town and 18MPG on the freeway with my 2.5/1 lift, E rated tires, and nice healthy V8. I ain't complaining and I get compliments often. God knows it's a great vehicle for me now that I'm in a new (old) home. Hauling things 'bout daily these days.

I don't wish ill fortune on anyone, so I hope all trucks go to 300K with limited repairs.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Look on the ecoboost forums....several issues there with turbos and other crap. I never felt like I was driving a relic.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Despite the hype, the 2014 isn't exactly next generation. All changes are mostly cosmetic. The chassis, drivetrain, suspension are the same with some tweaks. Looking at the 2013 model I found big improvement inside. The outside is an effort to look like the big 3 IMO. With that, I didn't expect any big changes this year. At the dealer I was offered a heavily discounted 2013 but the 2014 changes (mostly touchscreen, backup camera, safety systems) were worth the extra to me. That was January and that 2013 truck is still on the lot. Haven't heard anything concrete for 2015. I expect the real next generation in 2016 with the rumored diesel, maybe a HD model. Keep on them and you might get what you want, but with the target constantly moving, it will never be enough for some folks.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Despite the hype, the 2014 isn't exactly next generation. All changes are mostly cosmetic. The chassis, drivetrain, suspension are the same with some tweaks. Looking at the 2013 model I found big improvement inside. The outside is an effort to look like the big 3 IMO. With that, I didn't expect any big changes this year. At the dealer I was offered a heavily discounted 2013 but the 2014 changes (mostly touchscreen, backup camera, safety systems) were worth the extra to me. That was January and that 2013 truck is still on the lot. Haven't heard anything concrete for 2015. I expect the real next generation in 2016 with the rumored diesel, maybe a HD model. Keep on them and you might get what you want, but with the target constantly moving, it will never be enough for some folks.
It's funny, the things they changed are the things I didn't like on the 2012 I had.

The never used grab handle on the drivers side proved to be a blind spot. The god awful fabric interior that acted like flies on chit to lint. The 1981 Datsun 280Z instrument cluster, tunnels. The gray painted trim ductwork. The bloated whale rounded fenders and overall look.

The one thing I admit I totally miss is the little compartment below the armrest. I used to put my change in there. I bought a big container of orange tic-tacs, problem solved.

The new look isn't for everyone, but neither was the last. The more time I spend with the 2014, the more I like it. It's the first time in a very very long time I can tell you that I am done modding the vehicle for a long time. Well, maybe an exhaust. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
No change compartment under armrest? Add another to the list.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just throw about 10k at it for lift and tires and you will be happy :lol5: just kidding, there are small little things that I would change about the truck but it's things I can live with. Overall Toyota has maintained a great product with their Tundra and the reliability is second to none!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Toyota has more bean counters then BUSH BEANS. Took away the second glove box!!!!
The idea is to add to whats good, not take it away. I like the sliding and reclining second row on MY crewmax, GONE! And they charge more for less. I am keeping the 07 for a awhile for sure. Look of truck is trumped by functionality for me.
I use the drivers side handle to stretch my left arm on long trips,also when drying and waxing the truck it helps with stability, lol!
We love the sliding arm rest too, 2007.
It seems that a refresh for the refresh is in order!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not reading all 4 pages of this but why why why another thread like this that doesn't change what the truck is? Is it perfect, no! Did some of the changes make some customers like me happy, yes! Did some changes please other customers, no! We get it already there are a ton of features apparently alot of you want, but guess what the MSRP actually dropped a little for a 2014 on some models. Personally I love that I paid several thousand less than a similar Ford or Chevy. If you don't like it go buy something else. I don't mean that in a rude way, just in a plain simple friendly "if it doesn't meet your needs and wants for the $" then go by something that makes you happy.

Why would I want a usb port in the glove box so I have to open the console every damn time I get in and out of my truck to hook up my iphone?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Miles behind the competition?

I just saw KBB rated the 2014 Tundra as the best resale again...Even after all the ram hype it seems Toyota is still the best in residual value. Ram wasn't even second place.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Miles behind the competition?

I just saw KBB rated the 2014 Tundra as the best resale again...Even after all the ram hype it seems Toyota is still the best in residual value. Ram wasn't even second place.

Chrysler products depreciate more than any other brand I think. My wifes 12 Grand Cherokee Overland was $45K(USAA pricing), now with 24k miles it's worth trade in value around 27-30. Private party worth is only 32.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.