· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
If they did, URD will have a hard time keeping them in stock lol

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they did, URD will have a hard time keeping them in stock lol
Right.:lol5:

I'm just wondering if URD could do it with the older vehicles, what is so different about our trucks? I'm sure there is a simple or not so simple answer but I don't have a clue and would like to be enlightened.

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Right.:lol5:

I'm just wondering if URD could do it with the older vehicles, what is so different about our trucks? I'm sure there is a simple or not so simple answer but I don't have a clue and would like to be enlightened.
Eddy pointed out to me that the IS350 owners are facing the same problem as us. Their ECUs can't be tuned just like us, and the IS350 is supposed to go fast unlike our trucks.

These Toyota ECUs can't be tuned by anyone other than Toyota. Your only options are:

1) Go standalone
2) Break into Toyota HQ and "borrow" their ECU encryption coder
3) Stop, drop, roll and cry

I'm working on option two right now, still looking for someone to help me if anybody is interested :lol5:

· Cereal Killer
20,993 Posts
Gadget once claimed the stock or mild 5.7L would not benefit from added spark advance because the engine controller / knock sensor keeps the timing on the edge of detonation anyway. :dunno:

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I met a guy with an IS350 at an IFO race last year. He was running Map ECU with I/H/E. His best time was a [email protected] on 19" wheels/tires. We were racing in the All Motor Sport class. It was a pretty close race, me vs him in the final round, but he was not happy that my civic came out ahead. :)
I saw on the MAP ECU site they list the 2007+ Tundra??
MAP-ECU3 - Performance Motor Research : Performance Motor Research

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gadget once claimed the stock or mild 5.7L would not benefit from added spark advance because the engine controller / knock sensor keeps the timing on the edge of detonation anyway. :dunno:
But the truck runs on 87 from the factory. Some say running 93 is pointless on a truck tuned for 87. If that is true, then I don't see why adding some timing while running 93 would not pick up some HP.

I run 93 in mine because I race/romp on it a lot and it gets hot down here in the south, so I feel it's added protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.