Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just checked mine...
When your truck is not moving hold in the button for 5 seconds until the lsd and the tc light comes on and release the button, press and hold the button again for 5 seconds - both lights will go out then the tc light will turn on again - release the button and your traction control will be disengaged. Your display center between your tach and speedo should also read "traction control off". Be careful and let her rip!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I know I can do burnouts, rolling burnouts, dry pavement donuts... etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just checked mine...
When your truck is not moving hold in the button for 5 seconds until the lsd and the tc light comes on and release the button, press and hold the button again for 5 seconds - both lights will go out then the tc light will turn on again - release the button and your traction control will be disengaged. Your display center between your tach and speedo should also read "traction control off". Be careful and let her rip!
I've done that with my '14 DC 5.7...

It will smoke both tires for about 20 feet and then it goes to only the right tire...

It ain't the ol' Firebirds I had during the late 60's/early 70's for sure...

BCB

·
Registered
201 Posts
My '13 CM will roast both without the traction control off, but 1 with nannies off. I don't even have to stay on the brake.... roll slowly foreward, dip the front end by pressing the brake really quick, then stomp!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I KNOW this is a dumb question but I just stepped up to a Tundra Crewmax after having my 2nd kid and it's my first full size truck… It's a 14 Crewmax 4x4 5.7 with a fiberglass tonneau and it won't burnout…. I hold the traction control button in to turn off the traction control AND the LSD, put it in Tow/Haul mode and stomp the gas pedal thru the floor and it doesn't even chirp.

The thing is I grew up driving POS 4 banger cars and could creatively always smoke the tires (automatic neutral to D drop) but I always was like "man… if I only had a monster 5.7" ….. so now I've reached the pinnacle of the driving experience and this thing will NOT smoke the tires. Is it that heavy???

Oh yeah and while I'm at it. Why are the cupholders so f***** big? I keep thinking maybe they forgot to put the inserts in but as it stands right now I just hang on to my coffee every morning to keep it from falling over in the cup holder. weak… it's fold down center seat/console too btw

Nick
Yeah, I know tires def aren't cheap!! and I don't plan on burning them bald. Just wanted to see what it was capable of doing. I do remember burning thru a set in 6 months on a 87 subaru station wagon when I was 17. nothing like redlining it and slamming an auto tranny from neutral to D. CRUUUNCCCHH..BEEEEERRRRRRPPP!! I did that for months everywhere I went ALL the time….
I won't ever do a N-D high RPM drop on any vehicle I even remotely care about. I totally destroyed the 2-Speed Powerglide in my 1970 Impala when I was 18, performing high speed R-N-D drops in shopping plaza parking lots. Back in the days of my youth, Sunday Blue Laws were still in effect, and all the stores were closed on Sunday. My brother and I would head down to Tri-City Plaza or the Manchester Parkade which both had long open parking lots. I would start by winding the car out in reverse, and without letting up on the accelerator, go to N briefly for even more RPMs, and then to D. With the car still moving backwards, the tires were now spinning the opposite direction producing immense clouds of smoke. We would do this two or three times and then take off before someone called the cops.

When I was first dating my wife, she was driving a Fiat 128 TC Special Automatic. It was an ugly little green 4-door affair nicknamed "Cindy's Box." One afternoon, while leaving my house to go to work, she backed out of the driveway and I thought she was just going to drive away. Oh no....she winds it up in neutral and then slammed it into drive. She laid a strip of rubber for about 15 feet, and without lifting off the accelerator immediately hits reverse. She lays another strip 15 feet in reverse and then promptly puts it back in drive, still with her little foot on the pedal to the floor. She did this like four times while my father and I watched. She finally stops, gets out of the car in a cloud of smoke and yells up to us, "how was that?" My father and I were just laughing our asses off. I don't remember what made me prouder, her Joey Chitwood imitation, or this cute little blond in her waitress uniform standing in a cloud of smoke she just created.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I find that rolling burnouts are easier in the tundra than just slamming on it from a stop. If you want to burnout from a stop on dry pavement you have to brake torque.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I won't ever do a N-D high RPM drop on any vehicle I even remotely care about. I totally destroyed the 2-Speed Powerglide in my 1970 Impala when I was 18, performing high speed R-N-D drops in shopping plaza parking lots. Back in the days of my youth, Sunday Blue Laws were still in effect, and all the stores were closed on Sunday. My brother and I would head down to Tri-City Plaza or the Manchester Parkade which both had long open parking lots. I would start by winding the car out in reverse, and without letting up on the accelerator, go to N briefly for even more RPMs, and then to D. With the car still moving backwards, the tires were now spinning the opposite direction producing immense clouds of smoke. We would do this two or three times and then take off before someone called the cops.

When I was first dating my wife, she was driving a Fiat 128 TC Special Automatic. It was an ugly little green 4-door affair nicknamed "Cindy's Box." One afternoon, while leaving my house to go to work, she backed out of the driveway and I thought she was just going to drive away. Oh no....she winds it up in neutral and then slammed it into drive. She laid a strip of rubber for about 15 feet, and without lifting off the accelerator immediately hits reverse. She lays another strip 15 feet in reverse and then promptly puts it back in drive, still with her little foot on the pedal to the floor. She did this like four times while my father and I watched. She finally stops, gets out of the car in a cloud of smoke and yells up to us, "how was that?" My father and I were just laughing our asses off. I don't remember what made me prouder, her Joey Chitwood imitation, or this cute little blond in her waitress uniform standing in a cloud of smoke she just created.

Pics of this cute blonde?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Pics of this cute blonde?
We were dating 32 years ago. She's still my cute little blond.

I do have a photo of her at 18 with said car. I'll definitely have to scan it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Try with all VSC nannies off and in tow/haul mode. :D

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
and leave your left foot on brake pedal while you press hard on the gas pedal and smoke em' NO problems with nannies off. I did it same day I traded it in since they were going to replace the tires anyways and lit up smoke for 20-30 yards after I burned in one spot for awhile, VERY easy to do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I KNOW this is a dumb question but I just stepped up to a Tundra Crewmax after having my 2nd kid and it's my first full size truck… It's a 14 Crewmax 4x4 5.7 with a fiberglass tonneau and it won't burnout…. I hold the traction control button in to turn off the traction control AND the LSD, put it in Tow/Haul mode and stomp the gas pedal thru the floor and it doesn't even chirp.

The thing is I grew up driving POS 4 banger cars and could creatively always smoke the tires (automatic neutral to D drop) but I always was like "man… if I only had a monster 5.7" ….. so now I've reached the pinnacle of the driving experience and this thing will NOT smoke the tires. Is it that heavy???

Oh yeah and while I'm at it. Why are the cupholders so f***** big? I keep thinking maybe they forgot to put the inserts in but as it stands right now I just hang on to my coffee every morning to keep it from falling over in the cup holder. weak… it's fold down center seat/console too btw

Nick

Because you're a tard?:lol5:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Burnout 101, nice!!

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Its because the truck can feel your vagina on the seat so it won't do a burnout. :p

21 - 37 of 37 Posts