Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the sake of sounding like "that guy" I find myself wondering why you (Toyota Engineers) are here. People are providing feedback and asking legitimate questions but none are answered. Thus far, it seems the only purpose in supporting this site is to post Toyota videos. :confused:

I think it is great that you are here, however, it means nothing if you don't interact with the community and be willing to honestly address the concerns of actual Tundra owners. You have a golden opportunity to both listen to and address the concerns of die hard Tundra owners; I would like to see you seize that opportunity rather than simply posting videos. Honestly, Toyota would be well served by a dedicated "internet liaison" on forums such as Tundra Talk in order to keep on top of issues and concerns.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
2010CrewMaxTRD

Your question is valid. Toyota is on the site and they should be a little more proactive. In answering questions on the current and previous Tundra’s and seizing the opportunity to improve the product and service.

On a couple of the Ford forums, interaction between Ford and a few of the customers has actually solved problems for owners. I mean “big” problems, like replacing trucks that did not work for owners. Ford finally realized they had to do something after sending out so many “bad units”. So the “forum” was an entry way to work with their dealers and vehicle owners to arrive at solutions. Granted it has been too little too late for most. But it is a start for Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
2010CrewMaxTRD

Your question is valid. Toyota is on the site and they should be a little more proactive. In answering questions on the current and previous Tundra’s and seizing the opportunity to improve the product and service.

On a couple of the Ford forums, interaction between Ford and a few of the customers has actually solved problems for owners. I mean “big” problems, like replacing trucks that did not work for owners. Ford finally realized they had to do something after sending out so many “bad units”. So the “forum” was an entry way to work with their dealers and vehicle owners to arrive at solutions. Granted it has been too little too late for most. But it is a start for Ford.
Good for Ford:patriot: I've read they may start building the F-150's in the US again. Wow,imagine.....an 'American owned' automaker actually BUILDING vehicles .......IN AMERICA!:eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks like they posted another video about the drive line that no one asked about. I have no issue whatsoever with you guys posting these videos. I think the info is good, but I don't like the way you make it seem like you're going to answer our questions. If you're just here to show marketing videos that's great, but make that known, instead of giving us the idea that you're here to answer our questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agreed. This sub-forum is close to useless, aside from the regular forum members speaking on their personal experience. Come on engineers, throw us a bone, not useless marketing crap to already-loyal Tundra owners.

·
Retired
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's registered members. Hundreds of thousands surf without registering.
Plus, this forum is only for Tundra's and not for all makes of Toyota's. If all they want to do is post YouTube videos then that is their prerogative, I just think they are missing a golden opportunity to interact with people who are passionate about the Tundra.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Love the M1 bumpers, I have the front on my truck. Looks great 2010.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Based on the NO responses from the engineers, makes me think they don't really give a crap about what we have to say or the questions we've asked.
Sure they listen! They heard us all complaining about not being able to put a flatscreen TV in the back seat of a CrewMax. And they really listened when we said there was too much storage space in a CM.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Yep,they listened when that one guy hit his head on the driver's side grab-handle!:p:lame:
I'm pissed there's no grab handle there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts