Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to see all the lifted Tundra's out there that went larger than a 3/1 (level kit) and who also tow. I am about to get my 12" BP lift installed and do tow a few times throughout the year. Just curious to see other large lifted tundras and the rig they tow behind them to get an idea as to what Ill look like.

I know there are people on here lifted and towing and I apologize if this thread is already out there but was unable to locate it...

Please include with your picture: your lift and tire specs, your trailer specs, how much weight on average you pull, how you like your set-up, and anything you wish you did differently or things you did that made your towing experiences better being lifted!

Thanks all! Hoping to get some solid feedback from this thread!

Dave:cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody.....? I find this hard to believe....

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am bone stock and tow frequently but that won't help you.

G

·
Just from experience... usually I am at stock height towing... But if you have 12" of lift... with the right drop on your receiver... only thing that comes to mind is weight and cornering. The load will want to push you a little more or you will have more back end sway due to the change in height of your truck and where the load is at in relationship to your center of gravity...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the input guys! Yeah I have been thinking about the load and center of gravity. I am getting a set of coachbuilders heavy duty shackles which will help with tail sag. I also only tow on average max 7k lbs and that is rare. I also have a completely adjustable heavy duty drop receiver to assist and maintain a level trailer. I only tow with electronic brakes on the trailer so that helps too...more interested in seeing if anyone may have a pic or two of their rig just to see what mine will look like in the very near future once I get home from Afghanistan next month...thanks again fellas for chiming in. That's what forums are for!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't be scared. I only have a 6" lift and I tow, just don't have any pics right now.

Dave

ON EDIT: Hahahahaha, well, except for the one in my sig, but that's not much of a load.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
507 Posts
6 inch pro comp 35x12.50 trail grappler mt's the trailer loaded with tools is probably only around 3-4k lbs I do wish I had of gone add a leaf on the rear.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Red_Rum! I had to get the heavy duty Atlas springs myself. You should look into getting a pair of +3" shackles from Coachbuilder1...may help you out and a lot cheaper and easier to install than an Add-a-leaf! THanks for the pic! Also do you get a lot of trailer sway with your setup being your trailer is only single axel?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am definately planning on going with coaches shackles I'm just holding off until I can get new coil overs. I haul that trailer 3 times a week and I have never had any sway.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Mike! THat 5th wheel looks right at home in the back of your Tundra!

·
Registered
402 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just lifted my Travel Trailer 5" (spring over axle conversion) and think I may have to lift my truck so they look right together!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get er done! Post up some pics!!!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
What does that 5th wheel weigh in at? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts