Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice! How long did it take? Did you buy the actual kit or just use the cans?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Actual kit with sprayer, I ordered 5 gallons, I only used 3. I am 90% satisfied.

if you count the waiting times between coats, probably 6-7 hours, taping off stuff took a while, I think it would go much quicker 2nd time around.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Crazy! What color was it before? If you don't like it down the road or want to get rid of your truck can you take it off?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Love it! That color is freakin sweet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I like it... I would've took the badges off first.. I "think" anyways haha.
I didn't want to mess with the badges on and off, so if I decided to peal it, it all just comes off without having to take the badges off again.

I may use touch up paint to do the badges in black in a week or two.

Looks great. How much da kit? I wanna do thenfab rsp bumper and upper bumper cover inthst color. Think it would match 4Q2 paint?

The kit was on sale, I basically paid like $350ish for everything needed and 5 gallons of tan, 5 gallons is too much. 4 would have been plenty for the truck.

As for color match, I have no idea.

Thanks everyone else!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in the minority here. Probably the color but I don't foresee it lasting too long without continuing to keep up with it. Avoid those self car washes
I've dipped a lot of stuff. Including these wheels, dip stayed on fine through the track style car washes. Go through them about once a week, and there is a YouTube video showing a fully dipped car going through them.

You just need to let it cure for a couple of weeks before you do that.

Matte black exhaust tip next?

I may do it. Wish I could dip it so the day I pull it off it would go with the chrome. Dip probably wouldn't last on the tip due to heat..??

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That looks mean as hell. I like it. Let us know how it holds up.

G

·
I've dipped a lot of stuff. Including these wheels, dip stayed on fine through the track style car washes. Go through them about once a week, and there is a YouTube video showing a fully dipped car going through them.

You just need to let it cure for a couple of weeks before you do that.

I may do it. Wish I could dip it so the day I pull it off it would go with the chrome. Dip probably wouldn't last on the tip due to heat..??
I remember two threads of guys doing it and they hadn't had issues. I can't find them now...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Man that looks great, do the badges in Camo Brown or Green

1 - 20 of 80 Posts