Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was cruising the "Things my Tundra does that I didn't know thread" on another Tundra forum and came acrosss this... I'm not sure if the poster was being serious.

"Yes and if you have the back up camera you can shift your truck into reverse while driving and it will activate your cam. Toyota told me that is so if you are towing a load you can check it while driving. It is also a good thing to use if some A..hole is tailgating you. When you activate it it also turns on your back up lights....freaks out the guy behind you!!!"

Anyone try it? lol

CONFIRMED: It does turn on the rear camera on when shifting to reverse. A safety feature throws the transmission into neutral which prevents from destruction.
YouTube video for proof thanks to argyle64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUkSbohvGMc&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Your killing me :lol5:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Whatever is behind me is in the past. Don't need to look at it. Besides, I have a neck that allows me to turn.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Subscribed! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Anyone ever shifted into drive while your still slightly moving in reverse? IT DOES NOT LIKE THAT...My truck even stalled. I can't magine hitting reverse on the highway.

Video tape it for us DudeBro.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Lol. You guys, you cannot put your truck in reverse and drop your tranny out these days.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Lol. You guys, you cannot put your truck in reverse and drop your tranny out these days.
Please provide video evidence showing you throw your truck in reverse at 60mph on the interstate. Video must clearly show your truck speedo while in D then the drop to reverse. /skepticism

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I shift my car into reverse at intersections sometimes to see the reaction on the face of who is ever behind me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: lars00n

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah, I doubt the camera will come and there is a lockout to prevent that when above a certain speed.
I had a friend who tried it in a junker 1996 Honda accord auto tranny, and it would not allow itself to engage. I think Tundras are idiot proof in that way. But I'm not sure. That being said, I will NEVER try this in mine. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 89 Posts