Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Tundra and was wanting to install a Snow Dogg Plow on it but was wondering what lift I need or a front leveling kit? And how tall?

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I plow

in my Tundra... Never seen snow.

For a starting point how much does that plow weigh? I don't think you'll need lift but heavier coils if anything. A level kit will likely just make the ride worse with added weight on the very front end.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weight of the plow

I have the lightest one: it's the MD75 @ 800lbs total. I purchased this kit today for my truck: 2000-2006 Tundra 4x4 & 4x2 (6-lug, coil-over) Truxxx Toyota Leveling Kit

While I have it already torn apart in a thousand pieces at the Toyota Dealership while the are putting the new Frame underneath it. They are allowing me to do upgrades to it while its all stripped down. Other dealerships frowned upon it and told me "no" but I already have referred business to this dealership in the past and got to know the service and parts managers on a first name basis. I guess we'll see how it turns out. I took before pics and when its done after pics that I will post.
Pete:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,631 Posts
just put 500 pounds close to the tailgate and level things out

IMOCAPU

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
NICE! That's the kinda girl I could marry BDT!

oh the plow... that's pretty damn heavy. To put it in perspective, most coilovers run a 650lb spring. If you carry a aftermarket bumper and winch (roughly 150lbs) it is recommended to move to a 700lb spring. I'm thinking an airbag set up might be more practical than super stiff springs to run during the winter only. I don't think there is enough room to set that up on the Tundra though.

Somebody who has seen snow needs to chime in on this. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts