Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've looked and looked and can't find an answer. Do any of you know who I can send my headlights to along with the hid projectors and they will install them and ship it back. I had my headlights painted, black obviously, and I have 8000k in there with just the stock headlight. Not enough light whatsoever. Need some help guys!!

Thank you

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Not enough light?? Damn man, I think the stock headlights are bright as hell....

Maybe it's because you used 8k HID's. You would have been much better off going with 4300's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Same with Bert from plainansimple and pazorell on here

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are not bright enough because I had them painted black. I think I might try a 6000k hid cause that's the brightest WHITE they make and will go through black better than blueish..any thoughts on that

·
Registered
471 Posts
They are not bright enough because I had them painted black. I think I might try a 6000k hid cause that's the brightest WHITE they make and will go through black better than blueish..any thoughts on that
yeah, get projectors.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Unless you painted the reflecting surface black, the fact that you painted them black doesn't matter much.

The 8000k is your issue. They don't put out a lot of light. Go 4500k to 6000k.

Were thee 8000k's bright before you painted, or did you do the paint and the HID at the same time? Trying to figure out how you're so sure it's the black paint that causing the issue and not the fact that 8000k bulbs don't put out much usable light.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
OK... I think you mean tinted... not painted?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry if it's hard to follow gents..here..I had the head lights painted at a body shop with high gloss and sanding n what not..now they look like the aftermarket smoked headlights, but a bit darker. Right now..I just have hid with factory headlights n its throwing light everywhere and looks like shyt..so I'm trying to get hid protectors installed to make it much better

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
even with projectors, if the actual lens is darkened you will likely still have shit for output.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I think you may wanna get neq set of heaflights before you throw more money at the tinted ones. I agree with powertechn2. You probably won't be happy cause even the projectors will have trouble cutting through the tint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts