Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Double Cab Long Bed 6 Speed Auto Tranny
Please share the transmission fluid change/flush/service you've done in those miles.

Awesome that you've gone that far. I'm hoping to chase you. Though I'll (2017 Double Cab, 5.7, 4WD) be just a little bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2012 Tundra Platinum 4WD
133,000 with no mechanical issues at all!
Mostly around town with a few SC to AZ trips.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
'11 Double Cab 4x4 with 119,000 on it with most of that towing something; boats, dump trailers full of wood, stock trailers full of cattle - nothing but routine maintenance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wondering how many miles blane10 has now, its been over a year from his last update. Let us know, were rooting for the next million mile tundra, except this one has the 5.7.

·
Registered
7 Posts
413k can I get a million? maybe 500?...on this 08 DC LB 4X4. I posted a lot of info on this truck on a thread yesterday but stumbled on this thread today. Thought I'd share again: please excuse any mispells...getting called for dinner time.

* Current and Biggest Issue: "THE CAM TOWER LEAK" or something like that...regardless of which side is leaking or top or bottom or front - does it matter? In order to fix it you would nearly have to consider all leak points both now and in the future. But honestly, I would rather keep adding a quart of purple each month than shell out $ 3 to 4 K and be worried the truck would never be the same after the major engine work. Plus, after a good rain, the royal purple is gone off the driveway!

* One of the best things I had done was get my steering wheel wrapped by an interior trim shop. He wrapped it in a good black leather and stiched it tight. My steering wheel started crumbling little black rubber peices on my hands around 275K miles. It has good feel to it now.

- Mostly Stock
- Used as work truck
- ARE Fiber Camper Shell with Yakima rack
- Bed Slide - Awesome!
- Original Owner
- Original Engine
- Original Trans
- All original glass (there is a small chip right in front of my eyes from a rock when it was just a few months old!, Go figure)
- 5/20 Royal Purple Oil every 10K miles
- Royal Purple in the Diffs and Case
- Genuine Trans Oil Drain and Fill every 100K (done 2 times - now its too late for anymore because I went over 200k since last time)
- Genuine Coolant every 100K and keep topped off (once my check engine light came on and the code read coolant!)
- New Serp Belt every 100K (done 4 times now - never a slip or a break, yet)
- Mostly Stock Truck
- TRD Intake
- Borla Duals
- Recent Paint Job brought the giant white chalkboard back to life
- Replaced AC X 2 Times (first time was aftermarket, second time factory)
- Replaced Radiator
- Replaced Alternator
- Replaced Starter
- Replaced Rear Shocks - Factory Billsteins
- Replaced with factory rotors and pads (always make sure the tech puts the clips back on!)
- Replaced front driver caliper (it had a broken bolt for who knows how long)
- Numerous front and rear chrome bumpers ($ave money at the aftermarket warehouses for basic body parts)
- 3 Sets of seat covers (as usual, the drivers seat is getting very worn)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also, meant to say we also have another daily driver, a 2001 4-runner SR5 with 410K miles. It is actually more fun to drive than the Tundra. But, its a gas hog too just like the Tundra, well not as bad.

Hope everyone has a great day.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My 2011 CM 5.7 has 229k miles. It would have over 250k but I bought a 2017 sedan earlier this year so my CM stays in the driveway. Other than cam tower leak the first year, this truck has been fantastic. Pulls my heavy wakesurf boat with no sweat. I had DAP tune installed around 170k miles and really like the way it drives tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 198 of 198 Posts