Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Those are huge numbers, a dyno sheet and time slip would back those up for sure. The Unichip is a funny mod, most dont like them (I didnt), some swear by them. Where did he post his specs at?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wow!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Evo IX with 420/400 at the wheels and a 5.7L Tundra. I don't have the Super Charger but LOL at the claims that this Tundra is taking a Evo X. That's just silly!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Evo IX with 420/400 at the wheels and a 5.7L Tundra. I don't have the Super Charger but LOL at the claims that this Tundra is taking a Evo X. That's just silly!
The one in the video is only making 320awhp so I can believe the 500whp Tundra pulling him. Supercharged and BRX have similar setups and are trapping 112+mph.

·
Banned
314 Posts
The evo 9 has a curb weight of 3300lbs, the Tundra is 4400+. Even hauling around say 1200 more lbs, the 180hp difference and better power/torque curve of the tundra will leave that evo in the dust in pretty much any situation up to triple digit speeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The evo 9 has a curb weight of 3300lbs, the Tundra is 4400+. Even hauling around say 1200 more lbs, the 180hp difference and better power/torque curve of the tundra will leave that evo in the dust in pretty much any situation up to triple digit speeds.
The tranny might have something to do with it... not to mention AWD.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I was wondering wtf about the 4.88's too.

I have 4.30's, however I have 33's, I find that at certain speeds trans isn't happy to down shift when it is capable of it rpm wise. I wondered if he did it for that reason or what.

A 4.30 rolling 31.5" rubber with an s/c should be wicked, have more on top than with 4.88's. Unless it is built for 1/8 mile or something. I dunno.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts