Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we all like beer, but when I have a drink, it's bourbon. I am guilty of usually ruining the experience by mixing it with Coke Zero, but would enjoy trying a few straight or on the rocks. Anybody have a good suggestion as what to try next other than the usual Jack or Beam?

·
Registered
307 Posts
There is a whiskey called 'William Wolf' that has a pecan flavor to it that I have been drinking on the rocks lately. If you like pecan you should try it out. It is super smooth.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a whiskey called 'William Wolf' that has a pecan flavor to it that I have been drinking on the rocks lately. If you like pecan you should try it out. It is super smooth.

Just checked out Total Wine & More's site. They carry it, might have to add that to the list.:)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Learn to understand appreciate and experience single malt scotch.
As diverse as wines, chardonnay to port to champaign, single malts are the nectar of the Gods.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Nick knows.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Its good for sure. I work at a liquor store part time so I get to try a good amount of stuff. We just got a black cherry whiskey and cornbread whiskey in the other day. I've been waiting to try them. I don't think I would buy a bottle till I know I like it and mainly want to try the cherry.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well whiskey isn't bourbon. I don't live in Kentucky but I've been on the bourbon trail and very well recognize the difference. You'd be surprised most bars/restaurants don't. For an after hours-get home from a long daily drink I'd recommend Elijah Craig Single barrel you can find rather easily (in the south). Also any of the E.H. Taylor's are good in my opinion. As is any of the Jeffersons Reserve bourbons but understand many of the higher price points are just marketing. Have many a good connections in the bourbon industry so feel free to pm with any recommendations based on price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,934 Posts

I do some gardening for the folks living next door ~ they pay me off with Jameson Irish Whiskey. They're of Irish decent ~ they exposed me to this stuff years ago and it's now my favorite. They like it straight up and I prefer on the rocks. It's some of the smoothest stuff around.

I've only sampled a bit of this stuff at the local pub ~ the bartender gave me a bit to try the last time I was there. This stuff is pretty good too.

Nothing wrong with Gentleman Jack or Maker's Mark ~ both are really good to sip on the rocks.

I haven't been too adventuresome ~ in my opinion these are just a few of the really good Bourbon's and Whiskeys out there today.

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
Well whiskey isn't bourbon. I don't live in Kentucky but I've been on the bourbon trail and very well recognize the difference. You'd be surprised most bars/restaurants don't. For an after hours-get home from a long daily drink I'd recommend Elijah Craig Single barrel you can find rather easily (in the south). Also any of the E.H. Taylor's are good in my opinion. As is any of the Jeffersons Reserve bourbons but understand many of the higher price points are just marketing. Have many a good connections in the bourbon industry so feel free to pm with any recommendations based on price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. Whiskey is NOT bourbon, but all bourbons are whiskeys. So, discuss away!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Balvenie portwood 21
The Dalmore King Alexander
Jameson rarest vintage reserve

My top 3. Only buy them when I come into good money but really easy to appreciate neat or with a chunk of ice. Not really into single malts with peat although some Ardbeg uigeadail while camping is nice with some mixer if tasting too strong. Something about that smoky tar peat that goes perfect with a campfire.

I think Jameson is a solid everyday whiskey though, something normally stocked and cheap when out with friends.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts