Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of method grids on order. +18 offset. And I'm going to order some pro comp pro runner shocks to lift the front 3", probably lift the rear 1" with a block. Which tire would rub less? The 295/65 is slightly taller, while the 35x12.5 is slightly wider. Not too familiar with the normal rub spots. Tires gonna be Nitto Ridge Grappler. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it the height or the width that causes the majority of the rubbing? Trying to avoid the body mount chop if possible. Fender liners and mud guards not a problem if modified. I can also go with the 35x11.5r20. It's 1/3" thinner than the 295/65. Would that be a better fit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I want to say it is typically the width or offset that causes more rub issues on the body mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read many posts here of members that have avoided doing the chop with 35s. That's all. If I have to do so, then I will. I'm just wondering if it's the height (overall diameter) or the width that's the culprit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've read many posts here of members that have avoided doing the chop with 35s. That's all. If I have to do so, then I will. I'm just wondering if it's the height (overall diameter) or the width that's the culprit.
I don't think it will matter much between 295/65 and 35x12.5. I ran 315/70r17 with Icon six speed wheels which were designed with the backspacing and offset to clear those size tires with no chop. When I switched to 17" methods with 0 offset, those tires rubbed super hard and I did a CMC. I've yet to meet anyone running the methods with +18 offset running 35ish wheels that hasn't needed a chop. IMO just do and have plenty of clearance and not worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.