Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I’m new to the page and wanted a few takes on this. I am in the market for a Tundra and want to know which year/model is the best in y’all’s opinion. I’ve had my Tacoma for 13 years and need to upgrade but not looking for a brand new Tundra. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the looks of the 2015 tundra crewmax. The stance is nice and the front end is big with it's wide grille. The back of a crewmax is the largest in the industry (back seat). Beware the 5.7 gets bad gas milage as I have the 5.7. I don't know about the smaller 8 cylinder but it's got to be better than the 5.7. The 5.7 does have a lot of power though so decide what the purpose of the truck is for. Any specific question(s) you may have just ask. Thanks and good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, I like the the first Tundra owner to reply like the 2014 to 2018 body style. As for the mileage it's not the greatest but it's not terrible. I've got a 2014 with close to 160k and I get 14.4 to the gallon. The utility of the truck and the massive crew max back seat keeps me from worrying about fuel economy. Hope this helps. Oh I'm not sure smaller v8 gets better fuel mileage.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I have a 2012 double cab.that I have had sense new. I have done nothing to this truck but breaks and oil changes. As for engines I favor the 5.7 more than enough power and in my opinion it's worth the mile or so per gallon. Any way you can't go wrong it's a tundra good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts