Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between 285/60 R20 duratracs, 295/70 R18 Nitto Trails and 305/55 R20 Toyo AT2. If anyone has pics of any of these set ups with pocket style fender flares that would be awesome. I like the look of the nitto but I like the Toyo, leaning towards the Toyo but I'm not sure how it would look with fender flares! Help please!

· Registered
3,750 Posts
With what rims? If you're running stock wheels don't run any flares otherwise they will look tucked in by an inch or two.
I ran the Duratracs on stock LTD's and they are basically flush w/o flares.

· Registered
3,750 Posts
This was the Duratracs on stock LTDS

And this is on Jesters 20X9 +12

Keep in mind the rear right always sticks out more than the other tires.

Pocket flares would definately looked tucked.

· Registered
154 Posts
I'm running 20 inch jesters as well...offset is +12 and this is how far they stick out with a 305 55. Tires are nitto trail graps with bushwhacker pocket flares.

So with those rims you would be tucked in 8mm more than me and theoat.

Reactions: theoat

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I'll throw mine out there since I meet 2 out of the 3 criteria you are searching for. 20x9 fuel kranks with BW flares, running 35x12.50 tires tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

· Registered
1,154 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I think the trail grapplers handle great and as for the sound i had to add a 10inch sub behind the seat so i dont hear the tires.

· Registered
444 Posts

Here's what my 295/70R18 Nitto Terra Graps look like on stock wheels with the flares. New wheels are definitely in order. If you're gonna do any off-roading I'd say stick with the 18 inch wheels, it'll be a better ride just my .02.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Mine is stock tires (BFG Rugged Trail 275/65/18) on Moto Metal 961 with 18 mm offset.

If you get Trail Grappler at 295/70/18, the tires/wheels will be pushed out about 1/2 in more than where mine are now.

Attachments

· Registered
1,127 Posts
mchooch can you take a shot close up I want to see how far your tire stick out to your fender flares? kind of like my rear shot of my tires! thanks!!

· Registered
97 Posts
Afpunkdude, How do you like those toyo AT2's? How is the road noise handling and did those 305/55 R20 require any moding to fit? Thanks!
I actually went from trail grapplers to these and the noise was a night and day difference. I preferred the looks of the nittos tho. The Toyos are hardly loud at all, maybe a little hum but that's about it. I had a 3/1 put on before the tires were swapped out and all theyhad to do was push the plastic in a little bit. Haven't experienced any rubbing yet. I don't think you can go wrong with either tire.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.