Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2013 Tundra CrewMax Limited 4x4 TRD Rock Warrior and I thought I wanted oval tube steps, but now some friends have recommended Rock Sliders for protection of the truck and to use as a step and I agree.
I'm not a hardcore offroader, but I would like to have some for the occasional off-roading. I want them to be black powder coated also. Online I've looked at N-Fab, White-Knuckle, Demello, BudBuilt, and Stubbswelding but just not sure which is better??
I don't want them to stick out too much, just enough to use as a step to get in my truck since I am not a very tall girl Also I think I might prefer the bolt-on ones instead of the welded ones too. Thanks for letting me know guys, and I will drive anywhere in SoCal to get them.

Crystal

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome Crystal!!

Sounds like you went all out on getting the top of the line ride which is a great start!!... I like the n-fab bars and you will see a lot of them around. I know they just came out with some updated ones that has different steps that are super clean!!

Reactions: RedCrystal

·
Registered
411 Posts
I purchased the White Knuckle sliders. They look great and are super stout. A quick search under my username should get you to my write-up. WKO is located in Apple Valley, just over the Cajon pass (Hwy 15).

-- ale

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome! Update us down the line when you figure out your choice.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I purchased the White Knuckle sliders. They look great and are super stout. A quick search under my username should get you to my write-up. WKO is located in Apple Valley, just over the Cajon pass (Hwy 15).

-- ale
THIS is the only right answered to the OP's question.

Reactions: aleaddict

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Did you get yours with a powdercoat or none? I am thinking I just want the bare metal and then I plan to Rhino the sliders...still debating on the Linex or Rhino though.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I needed them quickly so I just got them bare steel. I got the beefiest ones (with .188" DOM) and used Rust-o-leum Truck Bed Coating to coat them.

Those look great! Are you able to use them as a step to get in?? That was my primary reason for getting them in the first place. But if they are too tucked in, especially for when I am getting out, that's no bueno...let me know please, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks but I was asking because there is a running ad in your response for SaltriverLED.com. Your truck looks great too! Can the WK Sliders be used for getting in and out for girls and peeps who are not that tall?? :)

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Thanks but I was asking because there is a running ad in your response for SaltriverLED.com. Your truck looks great too! Can the WK Sliders be used for getting in and out for girls and peeps who are not that tall?? :)
No problem. Yes they can be used as a step. The ad on my sig right now is there because I am sponsoring this months truck of the month contest and I was still rocking the stock running boards when those pics were taken. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm in Long Beach. Send me a pm if you would like to see these sliders in person. You will not be disappointed. Here is the link to my write-up:

WKO sliders for CM

-- ale

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the link to your write-up, I tried finding it before, but I couldn't. They look great on the Tundra, I am most likely going with WKO! Not sure about the powder coating though, I was just thinking about having them Rhino/LineX instead. Did you pick them up or did you have them mailed to you? I'm thinking just drive out to Apply Valley and get them.
I will PM when I know I can make it over to LBC :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I picked them up in the "white" but John can have them powder coated. It takes about 2-3 weeks for him to make them. Definitely worth the drive out as these babies weigh 80#'s each!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts