Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have shackles on order, now I just need to buy the 3" spacers for the front. I plan to buy them on eBay, but there are two that I am looking at. One is the Supreme Suspensions kit, which is for the spacers only, and I would also have to buy the diff drop separately. Price for both is around $100.

2007 2012 Toyota Tundra 3" Front Leveling Lift Kit 2WD 4WD Pro | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-T...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a710265cf&vxp=mtr

The other kit is similar, but includes the diff drop, and costs $73.

BB Front 3" Spacers Leveling Lift Kit w Differential Drop Skid Plate 4WD | eBay

The only visible difference I see in the spacers is that the way the bolts attach look different on the two. On the Supreme spacer, it looks like the bolt head sticks up out of the spacer, making it seem that the spacer itself is threaded. On the other one, the threads come up out of the spacer, and the nut is visible on top. I hope that makes sense.

Would it really matter one way or the other as to if it is a threaded spacer with bolts going into it, or threads coming out of the spacer, with nuts on top of that? I am most interested in which would be more durable, if one even would be.

Should I just go with the cheaper kit, or spend an extra $27 for the Supreme Suspension parts. Any thoughts, comments, or ideas are welcome. Heck, I'll even accept opinions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I should have mentioned, but yes, both are machined from billet aluminum.

Also, as you brought up, I wonder if the second kit bolts are pressed or threaded in to the spacer. If threaded, then there would be another failure point, although a little red loctite should solve that. I would be more worried about a press fitted stud in the spacer failing. I have seen too many weird mechanical things happen to know that press fit applications have a way of working loose, especially with vibration.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All in all, I probably shouldn't worry about a few extra bucks, and just go with the Supreme Suspensions kit over the non-brand named, albeit cheaper priced parts.

All this ish is making me crazy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What?!?!?!?!?!? I can get a cool sticker, and it will only cost me an extra 2 hundo? Where do I sign up?

:)

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LRO
Readylift

:lol:
No kidding. I called LRO the other day to inquire about the cost of just the spacers. I was quoted $200 for the spacers and hardware, but that didn't even include the diff drop kit. That was an additional $30. After you figure shipping, I would be way better off with the Supreme kit for $100 and free shipping. Definitely a no-brainer there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That top one looks exactly like the one i got from Ebay. It was labelled as Springforce. I was impressed with the quality of the hardware provided.

Reactions: Ol'Dub

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I did it. I ordered the Supreme Suspension spacers and differential drop. I think in the end what pushed me over the edge was that Supreme had a phone number that I could call and talk to a real person who answered all my questions. Now once all my parts come in, I can get to work. And of course, pics will be posted...

Thanks to all for your help!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
supreme is good, just a pointer on the supreme spacers. once you have lined up the spacers on the top mount than you have to rotate your strut to line up with the LCA.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
supreme is good, just a pointer on the supreme spacers. once you have lined up the spacers on the top mount than you have to rotate your strut to line up with the LCA.
I read something about that on another thread. Does it matter which way they rotate? Clockwise? Counter-clockwise? My only goal is that they fit, and that I can rotate the white lettering on them to where it won't be seen after the install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read something about that on another thread. Does it matter which way they rotate? Clockwise? Counter-clockwise? My only goal is that they fit, and that I can rotate the white lettering on them to where it won't be seen after the install.
They are only going to fit one way. Most likely with letters out. Buy some black rustoleum to fix. Also, it will be obvious which way to turn once you get the top mounted on the vehicle. I believe it was CW on driver side, and CCW on passenger side.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don't beat yourself up man, you're ahead of the game. There are people out there spending $300 on the same damn thing, cuz it has a name etched on the spacer, or a cool sticker :lol: Spend the hundred on supreme, and win. :D
Do you know if there's a difference in the hardiness of the more expensive kits compared to Supreme? Like highway or light off-road vs. heavier off roading?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if there is any difference between the Supreme spacer as compared to the others as far as durability is concerned. I received the Supreme spacers the other day, and they seem solid as a brick, well, you know...

Reactions: mchooch
1 - 14 of 14 Posts