Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just want to get some input from you guys. The wife has been in the same car (Nissan Sentra) for 6 years now and its been paid off for a while. She just finished her Nurse Practitioner's program (has been an RN for 6 years now) and I've been telling her that when she lands a job as an NP, we'll get her a new car. I'll be keeping the Sentra as my daily driver is it gets GREAT mileage and still has less than 100k miles on it. That also lessens the amount of miles I put on my Tundra which saves money there, and preventing further use on my truck just extends its life and means I can wait longer to buy a new Truck in a few years too.

A while back I had expressed to her that I'd personally like her to get something a little larger than a sedan for safety reasons. As of recently she's expressed that she either wants a Tacoma or 4Runner, (I never told her which brand to choose) which I think is pretty cool. Which one would you push on your wife if those were the two options she was looking at?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also pretty excited that I'll have a new vehicle to mod lol, (If she lets me lol, hell I guess it'll be hers).

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
4runner, more room for the kids

Reactions: flippindrew

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Co woker just bought a 2013 4runner, some off road model...really nice ride. He through on some Grabbers and 1.250" wheel spacers and a 3/2 lift...and it looks pretty mean..

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
We bought a new 4runner. Nice SUV. Comfy, decent mileage and roomy. And it's a Toyota.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wouldnt push either on her. Ask her to drive to the dealership and give each a long test drive. Then once she makes her choice you can take over the negotations if she wants you to.
She will love her choice more if she picked it out. Stay out of it until she says which one to buy:lol5:
Well Lexus it is then. :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
My vote would go for 4 runner as well. If for whatever reason she drives both and doesn't like the ride- don't rule out the highlander... had one as a rental car not too long ago and was quite impressed with the ride... and that's all base model stock.

I'm slowly planting the same seed in my wife's head... we were on a trip this weekend and she commented how she liked the look of the 4 runner as we passed one. I smiled and said "yeah- they are nice," all the while thinking mission accomplished!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldnt push either on her. Ask her to drive to the dealership and give each a long test drive. Then once she makes her choice you can take over the negotations if she wants you to.
She will love her choice more if she picked it out. Stay out of it until she says which one to buy:lol5:
You sir are a wise man lol. If she comes back and say she wants a Lexus though............I'm gonna be pissed.

And I too am thinking alike you guys, I'd rather see her get the 4Runner, but I guess I'll not put my Jedi mind games over on her and let her decide.

On a side note..... can I get a s/c for the 4Runner lol? :hyper:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I traded a 2011 4Runner on my Tundra. I loved my 4Runner but needed a truck more, so I traded. It drove great, rode great and was really a nice overall vehicle. On a trip i averaged about 20-24 mpg, but about 17-18 around town. It's pretty much a Tacoma with the bed covered. I also like the Venza if she wants more of a crossover. My wife loves her Venza, more so than the 4Runner I had.

Toyota makes a lot of amazing vehicles, but I would reccomend her driving whatever she is interested in as it makes a difference pretty often. My wife wanted the Highlander and then drove the Venza and fell in love with it, so from experience, drive them all before choosing one!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear you liked the 4Runner, really haven't looked at the Venza. Me, of course I want the more "agressive" looking vehicle i.e. 4Runner, but I'll try to remember that its up to her lol.

We are going to go drive some this weekend. Ehhh.... dangit, she'll drive I'll ride. Wait, hell no! I'm driving a 4Runner too!

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I vote 4 the supercharged 4Runner! Show your 4runner!!! - XR-Underground

Dude....... if we get a 4Runner you just cost me a lot of money!!!! Wait a second.... I better start buying all the mods I want now before I have to let her spend mod money!!!!!!! Oh crap! :runinafire:

Stroked - pics of the Taco???

I'm sorry, I understand why some get a Prius but no... just can't do it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.