Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Tundra 3 months ago to tow about 8k lbs. It's a '10 5.7L with tow pkg. the dealer put on new Bridgestone P series tires. I've liked them so far.

I want/need to change over to LTs though for the towing. I'll be going cross country on a round trip. Will also be doing some regional towing. I want to stay with the stock size.

I've had good luck with Michelin passenger car tires. They make LT tires as well.

So what do y'all recommend for LT tires?

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Michelin's LTX AT2 offers the stock size in E-Range LT.Careful though,only one size up and you loose 3/32nds of treadepth.I went to LT-285-65-18 on my 2010 .This is the 2nd set of these,first set was P-Rated stock size.They got me 55,000 miles.Wife's had 2 sets on her 04 Pilot,both sets took her to 75-77,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would take a look at Toyo AT2 tires.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have Cooper Discoverer AT3. Available in standard load, C load and E load. Quiet, nice ride and not too bad for the price. I bought stock size 275/65-18.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I went with an E Rated BFGAT. Been really happy with it. If it wasn't for the better looks of the BFGAT I would have gone with Michelin LTX A2

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I would take a look at Toyo AT2 tires.
That's what Im going with. They make the size I want, have a great rep, and a pretty decent mileage guarantee.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I went with goodyear all terrain adventures, new tire, snow symbol so they are awesome in snow, quiet as the stockers and came with 60,000 mile tread wear warranty, $120 rebate when I got them too. Had them about 3,000 miles so far, no complaints

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put on Michelin M/S2. So far so good but if I had to do it again I would stay with the P tires and not spend the extra money. Really don't notice a difference when towing and I tow a 7200 lb Rockwood trailer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ended up not getting LT and got a P Cooper At3. The advantage of the Cooper to me in a 265/70 was that the weight capacity went to 2756 per tire vs 2600 for most other brands in a P tire. Yes not as high as LT but should be fine for what I tow. Plus the price was $170 per tire minus $20 per tire Cooper rebate. LTs would have cost me at least $200 more for a set.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar

WIHocky, I'm thinking about getting the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar in 275/60/20 to replace the stock Bridgestone Duler 275/55/20. It looks like the total diameter increase is 1" so about a half inch of ride height. I'm curious to see what they look like mounted. Do you have any pictures of them on your truck? Thanks

I went with goodyear all terrain adventures, new tire, snow symbol so they are awesome in snow, quiet as the stockers and came with 60,000 mile tread wear warranty, $120 rebate when I got them too. Had them about 3,000 miles so far, no complaints

1 - 11 of 11 Posts