Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2011 Tundra DC RW and am looking for performance upgrade suggestions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, other than the exhaust is the CAI worth it? I've heard that the stock intake pushes plenty of air.

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts
Imo, a cai isn't worth the money unless you get a deal on a used one. They sound good, that's about it. Corsa is the best cb also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I think a dual system looks best but does it give you anything if you don't go all the way back to the headers?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Also, other than the exhaust is the CAI worth it? I've heard that the stock intake pushes plenty of air.
The stock intake is a CAI. Most people just switch out the air filter for a high flow (Like AFE, or K&N) and then leave it alone.

It's cheaper that way ;)

Also! Check out the DIY thread, there is steps to remove the charcoil filter. That helps a little with increased airflow.

Reactions: SP

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Corsa Sport FTW.

Reactions: Got N2O

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
For duals, I love my Borla kit. The Corsa sounds nice as well.

However, for the 2011 kit, I would run TRDs. I htink they sound the best.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
The TRD duals are! :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How's a bolton catback crap?

Mandel bent pipes, t304 stainless (corsa and borla), and perfect symmetry... I haven't seen one weld on that rivals the quality of my catback especially in the rust prevention area.

Mines been on the truck since 07 rust free. We have a weldon system on a sport trac since 09 and it looks nasty.

Plus, crush bent pipes are for straights or glasspacks... I.e. people who don't care about flow through and power.

And before you argue price, yes its exactly what I wanted with no desire to change... No drone, and its mot monotonous through the rpm range. And lastly, call up your local shop and get a price quote on a setup with stainless (of any quality) steel. Bet its pushing a thou.

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts

Mandel bent pipes, t304 stainless (corsa and borla), and perfect symmetry... I haven't seen one weld on that rivals the quality of my catback especially in the rust prevention area.

Mines been on the truck since 07 rust free. We have a weldon system on a sport trac since 09 and it looks nasty.

Plus, crush bent pipes are for straights or glasspacks... I.e. people who don't care about flow through and power.

And before you argue price, yes its exactly what I wanted with no desire to change... No drone, and its mot monotonous through the rpm range. And lastly, call up your local shop and get a price quote on a setup with stainless (of any quality) steel. Bet its pushing a thou.
easy lil fella :popcorn:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't buy Zoomers. They sound awesome but its got CRAZY drone. Can't wait to remove mine.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts

getting into a aftermarket argument with me isn't the best plan dude. And i have gone to shops and had my systems fabbed up with ss, and i have a 200$ tip and my whole set up cost 400 otd, my pipes are not bent at stupid angles cause believe it or not I do care about performance and flow. Had my set up welded on by someone who actually can weld (guess you had some po dunk redneck doing your welding), tig not mig, no rust on any of my pipes. I have the exact same gains as you, same quality for less than half the price of the corsa system that is hardly better than stock in sound unless you are flooring it cause everyone wants the big noise but no drone, I have minimal drone but it is still there but I know that my packs will blow those expensive mufflers out of the water.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
bolt on catbacks are crap! get a custom one made.
easy lil fella :popcorn:
Haha just responding with the word he used to describe a catback exhaust.

I don't mind a weld-on exhaust system if you're just replacing a muffler, etc..

Crap is fightin words. LOL

He's just being passionate.
I am very passionate :D Calling a catback cr*p is like calling a G-Wagon cr*p and a Wrangler less cr*ppier.

-rockstate

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Don'tcha wish your Tundra had pipes like me, don'tcha..."

Its all good guys. I am a po'dung islander who could not weld a wire hanger to save my arse. Ironically sad thing is that my dad was a ship repair facility welder for 36 years.

I will be first to admit that "the bolt on factor" does make it more appealing for me since I can't weld tig mig or pig. Heck I can't even do the "jig".

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Oh... yeah, they're expensive but comparatively speaking when you go spend $400 on a weld-on job, they're doing a muffler back exhaust with a mild steel. When you do a catback, you're doing from the flanges back with a stainless steel, including stainless tips. If you were to price out the same thing from your local muffler shop, they'd charge you about the same price, and it wouldn't be mandrel bent pipes.

It's two different ways to achieve the same end result. I do wish catbacks were cheaper though. However, if you are really on a budget, you can get a mandrel bent, stainless kit from like Flowmaster or Magnaflow and then swap out the muffler to your liking for a little more than most exhaust shops do.

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 42 Posts