Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a stock 07 Tundra 2WD TRD package reg. cab I drive extremely aggresive the stock P275/65R18 BFG Rugged Trails are bald at 33k miles already.

I do mild off-roading and just looking for best wet weather/dry grip/puncture resistance

What would you guys recommend on new size

LT 275/70R18 Michelin LTX A/T2
LT 285/65R18 Michelin LTX A/T2

Which will fill up the wheel wells better and look better?

I am looking at this tire due to its longest treadwear rating based on Tirerack.

Anyone run these before? I think I gave up on the BFG A/T KOs it seems like it's too much hype and the test results from Tirerack and user reviews do not justify.

·
Registered
221 Posts
go with the 285's. you'll have little wider footprint and more traction.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn on second thought the Michelin LTX AT2 only is available in 275/70R18 no 285's available anyone have second opinions on a good tread life tire?

·
Registered
221 Posts
go with the bfg's they're pricy but worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay well Discount Tire has them for $257 each on the 275/70R18s in stock so I am just going to go ahead with them. Out the door with road hazard is $1359

The 285's they would have to order and will be $321 each so mounted and out the door will be around $1600 with road hazard as well way too expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I had a great deal out of another Discount Tire $1292 out the door on BFG A/T KOs but I had to turn it down on the 305s as I am looking more of an on road tire with a/t capability...Tirerack test results show treadwear much better on the Michelin LTX A/T2

Check out: Consumer Survey Results By Category

I'm surprised the BFG A/T KOs were so low in standings...I was DISAPPOINTED!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I will post results after some driving I will be doing about 400 miles this weekend mostly highway and let you guys know how it turns out....which is why I had to jump on the Michelin LTX AT2 in the 275/70R18 even though I was leaning on 285's as I need them mounted tomorrow since I am driving out on Friday and running bald isn't safe.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I got a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ's and couldn't be happier. They are definately one of the best tires I have ever had for light off road, snow and rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts