Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Truck built in Indiana, motor built in Alabama............ nuff said!! It was built in the U.S of A period !! 70% of all parts made in America!! Ford , Dodge, and Chevy can't even make that claim !!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Truck built in Indiana, motor built in Alabama............ nuff said!! It was built in the U.S of A period !! 70% of all parts made in America!! Ford , Dodge, and Chevy can't even make that claim !!
Isn't most of Dodge/Chrysler coming out of Mexico now?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Are the Aisin transmission built in Japan, and shipped here for install? Either way, who cares...that transmission, for the most part, is bullet-proof.

My wife's car (Mazda CX-9) was 100% built in Japan and shipped here on a boat :lol: I could care less...that thing has been flawless for 2 years and 20k miles, and hopefully a lot longer. My wife was built in the USA with Japanese parts :lol:
Yes Merican built somewhere in the southeast...Ga...SC...that region I believe. Not Union made and that makes me even happier. Land Cruiser trannys come from the same shop, my guess is sometime in late 2015 they will be building 8 speed trannys.

The front axle on 4wd is made in Japan, not sure where the xfer case is made, remainder of the drive train is Merican.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts