Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reputable online site to buy the JL stealth box at a good price? Crutchfield wants more than what the manufacturers website is selling them for. No eBay.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you are talking about the double cab just get it through your dealer and ask them to cut you a deal if they can. I just bought and had mine installed Monday and I looked for months and couldn't find a price online that would make it worth it. It is the only part of my system I bought that wasn't from online. Also the way I see it is the only thing that has ever messed up on previous systems in my vehicle was the sub. Its nice to have a warranty through the local dealer for an easy quick fix.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you are talking about the double cab just get it through your dealer and ask them to cut you a deal if they can. I just bought and had mine installed Monday and I looked for months and couldn't find a price online that would make it worth it. It is the only part of my system I bought that wasn't from online. Also the way I see it is the only thing that has ever messed up on previous systems in my vehicle was the sub. Its nice to have a warranty through the local dealer for an easy quick fix.
you were able to buy the Jl through your toyota dealer? if so what is the part number and do you mind sharing the cost. The best I have been able to find is through JL for $700 shipped

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think he was talking about your local audio dealer

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
700 shipped for that thing really isn't bad, the only jl audio authorized dealer allowed to sell online is crutchfield so if you buy from another then you risk warranty issues. If he online seller has a retail store as well it would be ok but then if there is an issue you'd have to send it back to the store so they could ship it to jl, that box isn't cheap I think cost on it is like 540 so 700 including shipping on such a heavy item is pretty good, I am a jl dealer but probably wouldn't be able to be any cheaper than that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What state are you in?

I'm in Atlanta, what are your thoughts on the c5 650 in the front and c2 650 in the rear using the alpine PDX v9 to push with the dc stealth box. If your in the area I would be happy to look you up. Looking to the upgrade from factory.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you have speakers wired out of phase that would definitely make it sound bad. Another way to tell when your installing speakers if you don't have a wire diagram available, when you cut the plug off for the factory speaker plug it back into the speakers and touch the wires to a 9 volt battery, if the speakers cone sucks in the. You have positive and negative backwards, if it pushes out then the wire you have connected to the positive side of the battery is the positive terminal on the speaker.

Edit: oops posted that in the wrong thread.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's not a bad price. I already ordered my jl tho. Damn it lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts